cd player and battery with car off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbblitz

Reaction score
i am going away in a few weeks and i want my run my car stereo from 12ish lunch time to around midnight with my car engine off. Its a standard stereo.

I have 2009 st-r with the 2 battery's as standard and i also have wired up to the tray a 100amp hour deep cycle. when its plugged in there all wired up together there is no isolator or anything.

Would i be able to run the cd stereo for 12 hours and still be able to start the car?

If it does go flat i am the only car out there so i guess i will have to push start it if its totally dead, which shouldnt be a problem i guess with a full car load.

There is no such thing as standard when it comes to electrical components. Check out the back of the unit there should be some sort of sticker that gives ratings and power consumption, post those figures and someone can work out how much power it uses. (the manual or someone else here might have the D22 stereo ratings too)

It's possible that it will run the thing for 12 hours but without accurate figures someone might be giving you the bumsteer.

I realised that after re-reading (and edited accordingly) but typically unless you can come up with the specs it's still hard to give a definitive answer. Yes it should last all night especially with 3 batteries but there is still many other factors that should be considered for a definitive answer.

Just carry a jumper back.

I had my stereo going for 3 hours, heaps loud while camping. The Cat battery wouldn't start the Nav. A mate had to jump start me.

But I do have a amp which draws a shitload of power.

Also remember that just because the engine isn't running doesn't mean there aren't other things powered up while the ignition is on accessories. I have no idea what's taking juice on a D22 tractor when the key is in the accessories position but I'm betting there is a few things.

I'd be looking at putting an isolator in and running a little 12v cd player/stereo off the 100amp in the back if it was my car.

Some D22's did as a bit of a throw back from the Europeans who wanted to start their cars in cold weather, but I don't know which ones specifically.

Latest posts

Back