Camper Trailers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey mate, we ended up buying secondhand from Chartrock on here.

IMG_4135Large.jpg

IMG_3270Large.jpg

I bought a camper trailer from market direct and have had no complaints. With waterproofing the canvass we were told that once we got it home to set it up, hose it off and let it dry and to repeat this three times. We done this but it also rained for the next three days. So once it dryed out packed it up. A month later we took it on our first trip it rained all weekend and not one leak inside. My grandfather bought a well known australian brand camper paid about twice as much had a smaller tent size, nowhere near as many extras and leaked like a sieve. My wife and i are very happy and recommend their product to anyone

We have been offered a 2004 Redback Explorer camper trailer for under $7,000.

Basic tent with annex roof, but no walls.
60 litre water tank with manual pump.
Swing away boat rack and outboard motor mount.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand?

It is a monster, but it is offroad and should do us for a few year till we down grade to a poptop or caravan with age.

Q2. How hard is it to add shocks? Has eye to eye springs, but no shocks.

Q3. Easy enough to change override to electric brakes?

I have my one for sale if anyones interested. Scott 0408145840 Ring ma and I can tell youall bout it. Fully optioned and huge tent.

Geez Scotty .. you've barely had it about a year if i remember correcltly ... and its a bloody good set up too. :cheers!:

If you are in the market for camper trailers, these are the places I've been looking.
1. campertrailers.org -> camper trader list.
(also have a manufacturers list for new CTs)
2. myswag.org/form -> sub-forum on camper trailer classified.
3. caravancampingsales.com.au
4. gumtree
5. trading post
6. ebay

There are a few others with very low numbers.

There are some nice bargains if the CT suits you.

Check out Xtrail campers , we brought on last year and very happy with it, lots of different styles , optinons and prices. Made in bayswater Vic

Aido, we looked at stuff like that in Sydney, but with 160kg of tent and poles to be dragged on and off the trailer, we decided it was too much for us.

You really need to examine CTs personally.

At least this one appears to have some real wheel clearance, unlike a local ebay nabufactuer who off road clearance is lucky to be 5cm.

Try these guys
www.outbackcampertrailers.com

Saw them at the Nov '10 Camping show in Brissy. WHne I compared them to Market Direct and few others, their quality and price put them out front. Very similar to Jimboomba, but steel construction.
PS haven't bought one from them as I have to get the Director of Domestic Affairs out of 5 star gradually.

We just bought an ezytrailer camper of eBay. Rep $8500 won at auction $5100. Reasonably cheap but big tent and lots of extras. Went camping on weekend and would not go back to tent

Back