Multiple Spotlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMofo

Reaction score
Gents,

Am looking for a way to wire up 4x spotlights to my sports bar, i have searched thorough and i have found a bit of information, but non that explains to a noob like myself how to wire such a setup.
I am looking at customising a bracket from 2x 65mm bar mounts and running a bar between them to support the lights themselves, this is so i can remove the lights when required. Ill run the main line from my (soon to be installed) second battery in the tub. i`d love to have a switch in the centre console that would allow for always on, always off and hooked up to to main head lights for on and off. Is this possible??
Ideas on how to mount these while keeping them removable would be appreciated also.
I have no idea about relays and where to put them etc so any help would be much appreciated. cheers in advance.

Last edited:
If your going to do a battery in the tub its pretty easy.if ur fine with drilling holes go thru the tub rhf bottom and aim for the back of the cab.there migh be a gromet behind the rear seat u can use or install one.this will be for your switch wires.i would use like 7 core trailer cable just so u have some spares and its insulated already.you need a main power lead to go thru the tray and run it along the chassis to near the main battery.here is where you need to install a battery isolater!! I have a redarc one its good.follow the install instructions for the redarc....run a earth cable thru the tub too and bolt it to the chassis.this provides a great earth.the relays and fuses you can install in the lid of the battery box.as for the switch on /off / and on with lights.somone else might be able to chime in here or check google on relays or check with ur light documentation.

Run two relays fit them behind the rear seat near the jack one via the high beam active for the other relay direct from the battery this will give you the option of always on or high beam on.

Just be aware that the law states no spotlight can be above 1200mm also the lights must be in pairs of two so having 3 on your bull bar is not allowed.
No doubt yours will be removable but you will be annoyed by the law good luck.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated, i couldn't get my head around the wiring, now i just have to build up a bracket that is removable.
Ill let you guys know how i go and post up a few pic`s ill probably do all this at the end of the month.

I managed to make some brackets up from scratch and painted the bar black with that Plastidip stuff. i have yet to wire the lights in, but that wont happen till next week. (stupid work)
I may even just add 2 more just for the sake of it.

Attachments

• IMG_3608.jpg
    IMG_3608.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_3607.jpg
    IMG_3607.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_3606.jpg
    IMG_3606.jpg
    207.2 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_3604.jpg
    IMG_3604.jpg