Engine guard alarm for oil and temp,,,, can i use the door open alert ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagwill

Reaction score
Hi I was going to add an engine guard alert for both low oil pressure and high eng temp. [ 1996 ]
Ponder ,ponder, wonder wonder,
I do have an alert that beeps whenever i open the drivers door while the ign is off,,,,,,, so I already have the beeper [which is mounted just to the right and above my right foot ] with lots of wires going to it.
Could I use that, ?
If the door is open and i turn the ign on it stops, so i would need to find that wire and disconnect it. [ ign on ]
If i spliced into the wire that is attached to oil pressure sensor which lights up light on dash and then after finding which wire goes from door light to beeper, splice onto that, I think it should beep as long as the oil light is illuminated on the dash.
If i then mounted a button on /off temp sensor onto the engine and wired it to the same place as previous, job done. I think.??
Electronics is not my strong point so any help will be appreciated
Thanks David

Thanks Tony,,,, that is just the advice I was looking for.
A good cheap beeper, right voltage.
And yes ,i hadnt thought of the interior light maybe going on when unwanted. IE my son borrows the car,, getting lucky, needs some atmosphere and as he turns the auxilary on for music, bang the light comes on,,,, her dads watching from a darkened house window.

Thanks Tony,,,, that is just the advice I was looking for.
A good cheap beeper, right voltage.
And yes ,i hadnt thought of the interior light maybe going on when unwanted. IE my son borrows the car,, getting lucky, needs some atmosphere and as he turns the auxilary on for music, bang the light comes on,,,, her dads watching from a darkened house window.

Let's just hope her dad's not packing a 12-gauge!

Latest posts

Back