05 navara 3.0lt loss of power, engine light on

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGTcrusader

Reaction score
Hi, can someone help??

was just driving my Navara a few hrs ago and engine light came on and lost power, as if the turbo wasn't working.
pulled over and switched it off, wait a couple of minutes and started it, engine light was off so pulled out to take off and came back on. popped the hood and drained fuel filter thinking there could be water in it, primed it back up after started it but engine light came back on within a minute. done this twice.
just serviced it yesterday morning, changed oil, oil filter and fuel filter.
I had a spare boost sensor so changed that but still didn't make a difference.
I done the EGR mod at least 4 years ago, also changed the solinoid vacuum hoses around. one of the hoses was split and not connected so i cut a new piece of hose and reattached thinking it might be the problem but it was still the same.
The vehicle still starts fine and doesn't blow any smoke on initial startup and also when idling, until you actually rev it up, its a blue/white smoke and it misses a bit.
RACQ tried to plug a handheld diagnostic machine into it but it wouldn't read.
Any help would be appreciated.

cheers'
Brad

If you download the D22 manual in the D22 general section it tells you how to read codes without a Consult, or you could take it to nissan. Knowing the code that caused the engine light makes finding the cause easier.

You can download the manual here - http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=3232
Open SM1E-D22FG1 - then EC, then go down to page 769 to see how to get the codes. The plug you bridge is under the dash on the right hand side mounted in a bracket.
I've never done it this way but others have.
What the codes are, are listed on page 742.

:wavey:
Gday Everyone.
Great forum, just experienced this prob with me D22 trayback & the 2nd link I click on after googling is this one. So I have joined
Will act on Rumpig's info & see what I come up with.
Thanks Rumpig :top:
Cheers, michalex

:wavey:
Gday
Update. I couldnt get the downloaded files to open. However, i had read somewhere that some people found changing the fuel filter fixed the engine light problem. Apparently sometimes if there is a bit of water in the filter, it will set it off (I thought that's what the "water in filter" light was for :-/ ).
Short story is, I removed & emptied the contents of the fuel filter into a container, there was a very small amount of water in there. Installed new filter, & done about 100+ k's since with no eng light or loss of power problem. Previously the problem would've appeared within a few minutes of driving, so touch wood this seems to have fixed the prob.
Cheers
michalex

The manual downloads as a ZIP file, you need a program like WINRAR to unzip it, then it opens as a PDF.

:gday
Gday, thanks for that Rumpig :) Not the IT techiest person around, am learnin, will have another go

Anyway, update. After seemingly solved my eng light prob with a change of fuel filter, had done well over 700k's then the begga came back on :-/

Have just opened the fuel drain in case has any more water, but didnt seem to. Will have to get into those files n check for which code comes up

Will update later on what i find

Latest posts

Back