Tailgate Question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MG88

Reaction score
Hey all
I noticed this afternoon that the tailgate on my D40 needs a bit of force to close. I tried adjusting the latch as it looked too low lining up with the pin but no success.
Is this how the tailgate is ment to be? If not how can I fix this

Thanks

I had the same issue with mine a while back. My issue was the tailgate itself had shifted shall we say. If you look along the bottom edge of the tailgate itself you could see it had bowed slightly in the area of the hinges.
If you pull the tail lights out you can get to the back of the striker bolt itself and you might get enough adjustment for it to close properly.
If not then you might have to do like mine and add in some spacers between the tail gate itself and the hinge so it lifts the tail gate .
This is how mine was "adjusted"
IMG_0863_zps70c7ad48.jpg

Thanks for the info mate. I was scratching my head thinking of how to adjust it. A 4-5mm plate should be enough of a lift looking at your pic

I think mine are about 3mm .Easy way to see what you will need is to measure the difference in height between the sides and the tailgate itself at the top
Of all things it comes from dropping the tailgate or too much weight on the tailgate.Mine was from the first.

Last edited:
did the same some time ago, also on aussie's advice. 5mm ally plate has it closing perfect, although the tailgate still sits bit low compared to the sides

Sounds good ericcs. I don't mind if it still sits low as long as it closes properly

Latest posts

Back