D40 totally dead - then fine?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsch993

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Something happened this morning, never had this before.
Unlocked the car, jumped in, all lights dead. Car won't do anything when I try to turn over - not even a single light on the dash. Totally unresponsive as if battery was disconnected. I jumped out, checked battery and main fuses - all fine. Thiught it might be flat. Disconnected the negative for a bit, reconnected, and now all the lights come back on. Turned over perfectly on first try.

What do you think might've happened?

Thanks

you did disconnect a battery terminal so maybe that terminal had a bad contact or was abit lose. are both battery terminals nice and clean plus both tight ?

Will do
Wouldn't I notice a bit of bad grounding though if they were dirty immediately prior?
I don't get dimming headlights and I'm running a 160W RMS amp for my sound system.

i had an issue years ago with a car that was perfect one day and the next day the engine would not want to turn over, all was dead. the cause was a bad terminal at the battery positive lug. this happened overnight and once cleaned all was fine from then on.

Latest posts

Back