Lift kit for comfort?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Converge

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a stock as rock 2012 4x2 D40 ST, it IS a tarmac bitch and will never see the mud, sorry :ph34r: (Obviously why I bought a 4x2 though), but I do, do a lot of city & country highway/freeway driving, as well as towing my track car, halfcuts, parts, etc.

Oddly enough I have bottomed the car out a few times in the city!, leaving some dents/scrapes in the skid plate :frown:

As per title, would it provide more/better comfort as well as handling or will the difference be negligible, if so, would it just be better to get bigger profile tires and call it a day?

Cheers

Hey guys,

I have a stock as rock 2012 4x2 D40 ST, it IS a tarmac bitch and will never see the mud, sorry :ph34r: (Obviously why I bought a 4x2 though), but I do, do a lot of city & country highway/freeway driving, as well as towing my track car, halfcuts, parts, etc.

Oddly enough I have bottomed the car out a few times in the city!, leaving some dents/scrapes in the skid plate :frown:

As per title, would it provide more/better comfort as well as handling or will the difference be negligible, if so, would it just be better to get bigger profile tires and call it a day?

Cheers

The stock nissan set up is pretty much crap, after market set up will ride better day to day and when towing.

Where are you located?

=

My suggestion is give Zordo a call, not inky is he a muster sponsor he's a great bloke who knows his stuff!! He'll know what to use to suit your needs mate hands down

Try muster sponsor Ultimate Suspension if you are near Sydney. They certainly looked after the ride in my D22, much better ride with just a bit of a lift, but they can tailor height to suit your needs, especially front end

Replace it you will be amazed at the difference. You don't have to raise it at all, you bottomed out on the bitumen???, only in a 40:rofl2:

Haha to be fair the D22 company service ute also bottomed out on the same bit of path!

The stock nissan set up is pretty much crap, after market set up will ride better day to day and when towing.

Where are you located?

Ah yea, sorry guys, I'm located in Melbourne, VIC.

My suggestion is give Zordo a call, not inky is he a muster sponsor he's a great bloke who knows his stuff!! He'll know what to use to suit your needs mate hands down

This guy?
http://www.zordos4wdsuspension.com.au/

Been getting a few quotes, but I've been reading about unadjustable camber arms anyone able to confirm?

The front two pic are of the RHF lower control arm side closer to the pedals and the other 2 are closer to the front of the car where they bolt on to the chassis.

uploadfromtaptalk1411094356174.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1411094377498.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1411094407578.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1411094424651.jpg

I would have thought just decent shockers would help the bottoming out situation, that, and slowing down a bit for that hole in the road in future!
The standard shocks (on d22's at least) are garbage from new.

You have no camber adjustment & your Castor adjustment is almost at maximum.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back