50mm "Comfort" lift - results

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benaldo

Reaction score
I had my new D40 RX (Thai) lifted by Zordo today. I thought the results might interest anyone wishing to do a 50mm "comfort" lift.

In my case the vehicle has no bull bar, no constant load on rear, will be used around town and on the beach.

The objectives of the lift project were:

• increase front clearance under sump by 40-50 mm
  • retain a pleasant ride unladen
  • be able to tow a trailer on occasion ~100 kg
  • improve general handling
  • maintain castor & camber settings within factory specifications
  • no after market bushes or control arms etc. to maintain factory alignment specifications
  • No contact between UCA and bucket

Zordo recommended:

Rear - BlueMax "comfort" springs, Lovells gas shocks

Front - either Dobinson or Ironman HD coils, Lovells gas shocks with spring platform spacers.

Careful consideration was given to the front spring and shockie spacer selections, and the time spent proved worthwhile.

I chose the Ironman coils which are stiffer than the Nissan but slightly softer and shorter than the Dobinson.

The "normal 50mm lift" spring platform spacers are 15+10=25mm and Zordo advised that I should expect the possibility of slight UCA/bucket contact. We decided to reduce the spacer height to 20mm, as we were sure that my required lift height would be achieved, and this should eliminate UCA/bucket contact.

Initial impressions & results:

• 50mm front lift (510>560mm), 60mm rear lift (530>590mm)
  • ~4mm clearance between UCA and bucket at full wheel extension
  • Wheel alignment is within Nissan specs. Camber +0.5 deg (spec = 0 to +1 deg) Castor Left 2.1 deg, Right 1.3 deg. The car is at the limit of standard adjustments. Toe in = 0mm left & right. The car steers very straight.
  • Slightly firmer ride but quite comfortable, improved cornering, able to absorb large bumps maintaining composure at speed.
  • 10mm rear drop @ 85kg on towbar

At the next tyre change I intend to replace the stock tyres with 265/75 R16 which will provide additional 20mm height and improved footprint on sand.

So far so good - thanks Zordo!:rock:

29/9/14 spacer sizes corrected.

Attachments

• IMG_20140430_163742 (640x480) (640x480).jpg
    IMG_20140430_163742 (640x480) (640x480).jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_20140430_163853 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_20140430_163853 (640x480).jpg
    183 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_20140430_163701 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_20140430_163701 (640x480).jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20140430_163812 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_20140430_163812 (640x480).jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_20140430_164406 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_20140430_164406 (640x480).jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Nice mate john is great to deal with and goes out of his way for you which not many guys do these days.. Glad to hear that you like it, I also have bluemax rear 150constant mediums and very happy with them

i also installed a (comfort) setup from zordo last year. same equipement, except i got efs rear springs and i used the 10mm spacer rings on the front shocks.
i also have no bullbar and no load and ended up with 60mm front/70mm rear lift, and so far have no sag.
love the better handling and firmer ride

i also installed a (comfort) setup from zordo last year. same equipement, except i got efs rear springs and i used the 10mm spacer rings on the front shocks.
i also have no bullbar and no load and ended up with 60mm front/70mm rear lift, and so far have no sag.
love the better handling and firmer ride

Did you get any contact between UCA and bucket?

That was what i said when i first lifted my Nav, so i went comfort gear. Spewing i did, as time went on, i added a bullbar, drawers in the tray, aerials, lightbar etc etc, now im upgraded to HD leafs in the rear and about to buy Bilstein HD coils and struts for upfront.

Wish i had gone HD front and rear from the start. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Comfort stuff is nice, as long as you dont add any weight to your Nav, or it squashes down easily.

Ill be getting a lift kit sent down to SA from Zordo very soon.
He's recommended Lovels shocks & bluepak HD springs & leaves..
HD stuff has been suggested as i want to put a bar on in the future & i have an ARB canopy with the roof basket thingo with internal rack supports.
I also need to carry some weight day to day for work,

Did you get any contact between UCA and bucket?

occassionally yhe strut tops out if i go over a hump, but it's not as severe as it was in the beginning. so i guess it probably has settled a bit, not that i can notice in ride height. i have since fitted a brown davis front plate, which also settled it a bit

occassionally yhe strut tops out if i go over a hump, but it's not as severe as it was in the beginning. so i guess it probably has settled a bit, not that i can notice in ride height. i have since fitted a brown davis front plate, which also settled it a bit

I'm not getting any top out.
What camber & castor did you achieve?

Ill be getting a lift kit sent down to SA from Zordo very soon.
He's recommended Lovels shocks & bluepak HD springs & leaves..
HD stuff has been suggested as i want to put a bar on in the future & i have an ARB canopy with the roof basket thingo with internal rack supports.
I also need to carry some weight day to day for work,

Good choice - its exactly what I've just had done - also in SA! Actually - bluemax, not bluepak for me. I had my mechanic install the kit, and then a follow up with Peddars for wheel alignment. Both mechanic and Peddars commented on quality of components.

I forgot to mention - my standard springs had sagged so much that the 50mm lift turned out to be 105mm at the tow hitch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back