Rattling exhaust - not SCV

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If one cylinder is off balance (not the same as the others) the engine will run very poorly, and quite rough too.

With my (faulty) vacuum solenoid, I had excellent performance at low RPM and at very high RPM but the midrange (2000rpm-3500rpm) was only acceptable for a short time then the ECU limped the motor. It was easy to see watching the boost levels: at low rpm, boost was a little higher than expected but followed the expected curve (more demand = more boost). Passing 2000rpm and the boost level spiked at 22.3psi then fell to -14psi or so where it remained for a few seconds before going to 15.6psi.

Manually changing gears did nothing. Pressing the accelerator on full did nothing. Setting the cruise control at 100km/h then slowing to 50km/h and making the system fail then engaging cruise control (so that the throttle wasn't used at all) did not change things either.

It could be a similar thing with yours - the easiest way to tell is to watch the boost levels as you drive. As you approach 2000rpm the turbo should be developing peak boost (under higher loads, like towing up a hill) which ordinarily should be around 19-20psi at the most. If yours doesn't behave that way, you may have something wrong with the solenoid.

Injector issues do happen, absolutely, but they're nowhere near as common as busted vac hoses, glitchy solenoids etc.

If one cylinder is off balance (not the same as the others) the engine will run very poorly, and quite rough too.

With my (faulty) vacuum solenoid, I had excellent performance at low RPM and at very high RPM but the midrange (2000rpm-3500rpm) was only acceptable for a short time then the ECU limped the motor. It was easy to see watching the boost levels: at low rpm, boost was a little higher than expected but followed the expected curve (more demand = more boost). Passing 2000rpm and the boost level spiked at 22.3psi then fell to -14psi or so where it remained for a few seconds before going to 15.6psi.

Manually changing gears did nothing. Pressing the accelerator on full did nothing. Setting the cruise control at 100km/h then slowing to 50km/h and making the system fail then engaging cruise control (so that the throttle wasn't used at all) did not change things either.

It could be a similar thing with yours - the easiest way to tell is to watch the boost levels as you drive. As you approach 2000rpm the turbo should be developing peak boost (under higher loads, like towing up a hill) which ordinarily should be around 19-20psi at the most. If yours doesn't behave that way, you may have something wrong with the solenoid.

Injector issues do happen, absolutely, but they're nowhere near as common as busted vac hoses, glitchy solenoids etc.
I watced my boost levels as you recommended and at around 2000rpm pedal floored i have max boost 18,9psi and instantly goes down to 16,7psi then up again 18,9 and again around 17 .
I got the numbers from torque pro
first time i'm using it and dont know how accurate it is
Do you still think it's the vacuum solenoid and if you can suggest a way of testing it

Torque is as accurate as your ECU, because that's where the info is coming from. It has to be close to the mark, because that's what your ECU is working with when calculating fuel flow rates.

The numbers you're getting look reasonable, and in line with how mine is operating at the moment with new vac hoses, new(ish) turbocharger and new vac solenoid. I wouldn't suspect your vac solenoid or any of the turbocharger control.

So back to your poor start issue - how are you measuring the start, against how the car used to perform, or against another vehicle like a D22 (which has a smoother but reduced power delivery across the range)?

Most D40 owners experience sluggish starts because the D40 doesn't start developing decent power until about 1400rpm (which is where the torque curve begins its climb) coming up to a peak at about 1800rpm and above. Max horsepower is up over 3000rpm and below 2000rpm the actual launch power is fairly dismal.

Can you point me in the right direction as to which hoses on the fuel filter should i put in a can of liqui moly purge?
I suspect the two on the front of the picture(the two thinner) and the filter goes to the one on the left am i right?

Στάλθηκε από το Lenovo Z90a40 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
ca29d1a7cd00393053c0f65fdbc9f0d8.jpg

Latest posts

Back