Zd30 went swimming

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strange things be happening. After a fuel refill it began starting normally. Then today left me high and dry. Absolutely nothing when i turn the key. Hooked up a jump starter and still nothing

Bump started with next to no effort. So im thinking that sounds more and more like starter motor?

Strange things be happening. After a fuel refill it began starting normally. Then today left me high and dry. Absolutely nothing when i turn the key. Hooked up a jump starter and still nothing

Bump started with next to no effort. So im thinking that sounds more and more like starter motor?

It does, though the improvement after fuel is hard to explain. Perhaps just coincidence as everything else you have described points to the starter

Pulled the starter. 3 of the 4 brushes were seized in their holders. Bit of corrosion from their swim. And the commutator was a bit ugly, uneven wear from stuck brushes and dirty

Heaps of meat left on everything. So hand polished the commutator with wet dry. Freed up the brushes. Cleaned oit the grooves. Changed 1 average sounding $9 bearing while i was in there

Back in and fires on the key like a champ. No more tacho dancing

Thanks again to all the legends on here. And previous threads identifying the tacho and false sensor code

Latest posts

Back