Child Restraints D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The D22 requires a DCD installed and will normally cost $200-$250 per anchor point and it goes behind the rear seat squab.

I had 3 installed for $220 by "Baby On Board", with certificate as required, in VIC. They were really good and come to you.

They are bolted in to the head rest mounting plate and the middle one is bolted straight through the back wall of the cabin.

I have seen another way I think was done by a Nissan stealership where they put in a "D" ring below the head rest just above seat height and the anchor point on the roof so you slip the strap through the D and clip it to the anchor in the roof so when you tighten it its easier... but didn't bother cause I knew Nissan would want an arm and leg and perhaps a kidney per point.

I had 3 installed for $220 by "Baby On Board", with certificate as required, in VIC. They were really good and come to you.

They are bolted in to the head rest mounting plate and the middle one is bolted straight through the back wall of the cabin.

I have seen another way I think was done by a Nissan stealership where they put in a "D" ring below the head rest just above seat height and the anchor point on the roof so you slip the strap through the D and clip it to the anchor in the roof so when you tighten it its easier... but didn't bother cause I knew Nissan would want an arm and leg and perhaps a kidney per point.

can you upload a pic of that pls?

Where my child anchor points are fitted on the driver and passenger sides

ForumRunner_20141012_212411.jpg

Middle child anchor point

ForumRunner_20141012_212436.jpg

Where the "D" loop thingy was on the other D22 I mentioned

ForumRunner_20141012_212523.jpg

Around here somewhere was where the child anchor point was located on the other D22 I mentioned

ForumRunner_20141012_212606.jpg

Sorry about the extremely slack timing of the reply dude hope this helps. If you need Baby On Boards number give us a yell. I think the Nissan stealership who did the other D22 I mentioned was Ferntree Gully or Blackburn but I can't really remember and the boss who owned it I may have been vocal on my thoughts of him being a right royal shifty rat con artist arse bandit (I may have used more colourful language and many agree) wouldn't tell me if I asked.

Hey guys, can anyone in the Newcastle area recommend me a place to get child restraint points fitted to my 2012 D22? Got a bub on the way due in September and would like this sorted sooner rather than leaving it to the last minute. I find it odd that a 2012 model car doesn't have these fitted as standard but what can you do. Thanks in advance
Deano

thanks rastik. i only just saw your reply.

the rear seat loop would be stronger than those 2 through the headrest brackets.

are they a bit awkward to attach to?

thanks rastik. i only just saw your reply.

the rear seat loop would be stronger than those 2 through the headrest brackets.

are they a bit awkward to attach to?

Yeah they are a bit awkward. You have to attach them with the seat leaned as far back as you can get it but still leave room for your arm then tighten the straps but it's do-able and you work it out quick enough and now it doesn't take me long.

The loop thing is easier to attach but still pain in the arse to tighten.

But hey, for $200 for the lot, whereas (I'm pretty sure) from a very vague hazy memory the loop ones done by the Nissan stealership in the work car were like $200 a pop. But it might be worth ringing a couple of them and checking?

Last edited:
Hi ,
I'm from WA and I have to get anchor points installed for a baby seat. I have a D22 ST-R 2005....a bit disappointed to see that the vehicle didn't have anchor points. I know there is a guy here that is the "go to" guy for certification and ….if you want ….installation, but I was gonna have a crack at putting something in myself. I am under the impression that there HAS TO be an anchor point really low ...like on the floor nearly....of behind the seat and a "runner - ring / loop " up somewhere behind the headrest. Does that sound right? Anyone done it themselves and can tell me if there is any specifics about where to put it , apart from in a strong place? Any hints / pointers appreciated. thanks heaps....Mick

Latest posts

Back