d22 2.5cr egr mod???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most people have no issues with running the block off plate on 2.5 D22s. You pretty much have to suck it and see. Easily removed if you have issues. Yes drivers side is where most of the ready made plates are fitted.

I'm running my '11 2.5 with the plate there, no ecu faults.

Hmmm all the pics show passenger side?Hugh

Does anyone know where I can get an egr blank plate to block the hole between the egr valve and the pipe from the exhaust?

I have a 2011 d22 yd2.5 (9/2011).

Or know the distance from hole to hole on that gasket?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Gday all, digging up this one again but is it best to block the egr on the passenger side so that it stops the build up of gunk in the egr pipes?

Cheers
TJ

I done mine the same on my 2008 2.5. From what ive seen it does not really matter where you block it off at

Deffinatley can notice a power gain, turbo spools at lower rpm and smoother power delivery. For the $10 cost of a blanking plate from ebay and 20mins labour it was 100% worth it.

Going to do this next w/end ... Do you guys use a gasket glue or anything with it ?

my egr has been blocked off for a few months now but i am still not 100% happy with the black smoke blow when you put your foot down . is this a common issue with all diesel engines ?

my egr has been blocked off for a few months now but i am still not 100% happy with the black smoke blow when you put your foot down . is this a common issue with all diesel engines ?

your always going to get a bit when you plant boot, but you should not be able to see it from the drivers seat. if its blowing black clouds then you have other issues.

I have a Egr block in place and its made SFA difference to the soot on take off being exhausted , it also made SFA difference to getting off the mark.. where the theory is it allows boost levels to rise quicker.
In saying that I did it only to reduce the soot re-entering the engine and clogging up the inlet manifold.

Last edited:
I have a Egr block in place and its made SFA difference to the soot on take off being exhausted , it also made SFA difference to getting off the mark.. where the theory is it allows boost levels to rise quicker.
In saying that I did it only to reduce the soot re-entering the engine and clogging up the inlet manifold.
Take mine for a run mate, I have no lag and more than d40 grunt. The poor 2.5 d22 can pull like a 16yr old in a brothel if set up CORRECTLY.

Take mine for a run mate, I have no lag and more than d40 grunt. The poor 2.5 d22 can pull like a 16yr old in a brothel if set up CORRECTLY.

OK so what is "correctly" ??
Mine goes OK from ~2000 rpm, but before that its so laggy and underpowered it couldn't pull a corn kernel from a wet shit.

Latest posts

Back