Goat road

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwolf

Reaction score
G'day all.
Just curious how many of you guys(or girls) have piloted your nav successfully or otherwise down goat road ?
Reason I ask is sooo many people keep on telling me not to go there as you won't make, some having stated you need solid axles and lots of flex, lockers etc.
so interested to hear of others experiences.
Cheers Craig.

I'm pretty sure it's fairly extreme mate as the only references i've seen to it are comp trucks, comp utes or wild Suzuki's. Mostly in the 6"+ lift, 37's, twin lockers type of category.

I've done it once in the dry. Although I damaged my tub and sidesteps. It is possible in a Nav if you have the following mods: 33" muddies, twin lockers (must), underbody protection, decent flex in the rear leaves (I took my shocks out) and a winch. I had to winch one 10m section but otherwise drove the rest. It took me a few hours and I had a navi outside directing me where to put my wheels.

Any twin locked coil sprung 4wd with decent lift can do it. Expect panel damage

Cheers for the responses guys.
Group of us went to goat road a couple of weekends ago and gave it a bash.
We did the first half before having to cut it short due to a jeep cherokee smashing his
tailshaft on a rock.
He had to be towed the rest of the way up the hill and drove home in front wheel drive.
I had no problems in my Terrano, just needed a bit of careful wheel placement.
No lockers but running 33's with a body lift and small suspension lift.
Only vehicle of the day that needed assistance was the old 60 series.
And even then it only required a small tug with the snatch after getting hung up.
The wrangler and pajero that where with us also had no probs gettin through.
It was dry and dusty and no doubt in the wet it'd prove itself to be a hell of a challenge.
Definately not a place to get complacent though.
We're going back out again tomorrow to complete the track and will let you's know how we went.
Cheers.

Try and drive some harder lines in the wet, then you will see why its challenging. There are some good tracks in the Harris State Forrest, one of the boundary fences has an awesome hill climb which is almost impossible in the wet

I was hoping for some rain but no such luck.
It'll come soon enough.
The fenceline track you speak of sounds like the one near Harvey
that we've been to a few times, went down but I had no chance getting back up
but now that I've stepped up to 33's I'll definately be giving it another go.

its off mornington road near the clearing for the power lines. its almost impossible in the wet

Ok we might not have found that one by the sounds of it then.
We've done quite a few tracks that run off the power line track to the north of mornington rd
and they where a handful in the wet.
Great fun though.

Went and did goat road today successfully with no carnage.
Three of us went a jeep wrangler lifted on 33's, a 105 series cruiser lifted on 33's and me in my Terrano lifted on 33's.
Not a diff lock to be seen between us, only two chicken tracks where utilised by myself, one by the jeep and four by the cruiser.
Jeep sustained a small scrape on one guard and that was it.
Track conditions where mostly dry but damp in a few spots.
Looking forward to the wet conditions.
Pics to come.

Ill head down to Harvey in a few months when its wet, still need to fix my winch before I start donig the harder tracks again. Looking forward to the pics

Still waiting for the pics that one of the other guys took, I'll put them up as soon as he passes them on.
We've had a reasonable amount of rain just recently and are gonna hit the track again this weekend, should be an interesting day we'll be taking plenty of pics again.

Went and did goat road today successfully with no carnage.
Three of us went a jeep wrangler lifted on 33's, a 105 series cruiser lifted on 33's and me in my Terrano lifted on 33's.
Not a diff lock to be seen between us, only two chicken tracks where utilised by myself, one by the jeep and four by the cruiser.
Jeep sustained a small scrape on one guard and that was it.
Track conditions where mostly dry but damp in a few spots.
Looking forward to the wet conditions.
Pics to come.

Mate suggested we do got road not long after i got my d22.
she was (still is) 2inch lifted and skinny 32's.
She made it as far as the two Gq's in our group, but i had to use right foot alot of the time.

the 80 series was having all sorts of traction issues and we ended up turning around when it rolled a tyre on a rutted climb.

The two GQ's went on and got stuck when they ran into another 4wder, who was alone, chasis deep in mud, trying to dig himself out....

I ended up with two dents to the Nav, That serv as a reminder of goat road.
I think i would do it again, as with the front lokka i should have none of the previous traction issues.

Ps it was pretty wet when we did it and it was a fight for traction.

Latest posts

Back