Chips

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geerex

Reaction score
Hi

Hello to all. I'm new to this so take it easy on me.
I have an 08 D40 2.5 CRD fitted with a 6 speed manual & would like to fit a dp chip to it. Any advice on brands to look out for & pit falls would be great.

Geerex

Someone here put a dp chip in a d22 and was quite disappointed from memory, I went with a steinbauer, it really did make a difference, though is just a little more tricky to fit as there is a wire that goes to the accelerator pedal. The torque with the steinbauer is very impressive.

I got it from a place just near my work, I can't remember how much, its still out of the car after I had to take the car back to nissan so i will see if the receipt is in there.

I got it from a place just near my work, I can't remember how much, its still out of the car after I had to take the car back to nissan so i will see if the receipt is in there.

Ah righto cheers, Ill ring around tomorrow and see who has them locally.

Only heard good things about Steinbauer.

Dave.

Ah righto cheers, Ill ring around tomorrow and see who has them locally.

Only heard good things about Steinbauer.

Dave.

Ask them if the D40 and D22 part numbers are the same, if they are I still have mine that I was going to chuck on ebay. You can fit it and see what you think.

not worth having Matt? or another reason you don't need it any longer.

I was keen on getting one of the Chip-it performance chips when i was down in Perth over the Xmas holidays, but unfortunately the Handbrake said the $800 price exceeded my $10 per week allowance and therefore, NO! So, not content with her reponse i managed to talk her into (no easy task) allowing me to buy one those No-Limit power chips off Ebay for $140 delivered.

I fitted it in under 5 minutes and off i went. There was no getting thrown into the seat as i expected so i upped it to the next setting. There is a slight difference in power but the the turbo lag remains when off the line.

I wanted a chip for towing so my time down the 1/4 mile is irrelevant. I haven't towed with it yet and haven't driven it enough to discuss economy, but there is a difference in power on the current setting (another 7 settings up mt sleeve yet). Over the coming days i'll keep upping the settings to see what happens. After Xmas i'm planning on chucking it on a Dyno to see if there is a difference or it's just me wanting there to be. Once i have the Dyno results i'll post a specific thread on the chip and it's performance so the members know whether it's viable or not. But it seems to work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back