d22 ecu reset procedure?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the trip meter only resets if you use the power-down method (removing the battery lead). This is because the trip meter values are stored in RAM in the instrument computer (the odometer value would be stored in NVRAM in the main computer). Asking the ECU to reset in this fashion will cause the ECU to reload its default information, but may not ask the instrument computer to reload/reset (in the D40, this is the instrument cluster itself and the D22 may be similar).

If you don't feel that the reset worked, use the power-down method, have your radio pin handy and write down those trip meter values because it will reset everything!

I think the trip meter only resets if you use the power-down method (removing the battery lead). This is because the trip meter values are stored in RAM in the instrument computer (the odometer value would be stored in NVRAM in the main computer). Asking the ECU to reset in this fashion will cause the ECU to reload its default information, but may not ask the instrument computer to reload/reset (in the D40, this is the instrument cluster itself and the D22 may be similar).

If you don't feel that the reset worked, use the power-down method, have your radio pin handy and write down those trip meter values because it will reset everything!

when removing the battery negative lead do you have to remove BOTH negative leads or just the drivers side one?

What actually causes the ecu to imbalance Fuel mix. And having the need to reset the ecu?

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

If the ECU learns to adapt under all conditions it stands to reason that it also learns bad habits. While one episode of sinking the boot into it while the rest of the time driving like a grandma shouldn't really effect the ECU because it should be smarter than just one episode it is conceivable that such and event could change things.

Continually sinking the boot in and driving harder than the ECU considers is normal will also change the way the ECU does things, however if you drive like that after a reset it shouldn't take long to make the reset pointless as it adapts to your lead foot.

Changing the fuel pump and having the ECU continually think the older pump which could have developed restrictions might also cause the ECU to not be as efficient as it could be.

Chances are there is a lot of other things that can cause it too.

Then technically wouldn't this just be like upgrading to a performance chip, because we have taught stocko chip to drive like a lead foot hence the extra fuel guzzled? I'm not arguing, I'm simply trying to understand this whole scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi All

If I disconnect the battery for a few hours will this reset the ecu on a 2.5cr.
As I have had ago pumping the throttle but unable to get the light to flash

Thanks Paul

Paul, don't wait for hours. Disconnect the battery then put your foot on the brake pedal. The remaining power in the car's computer will be consumed and the ECU will reset on the next start.

what i was told to do with my yd-2.5 comp reset was undo both plus or minus battery terminals [ 2 batteries in this model ] then turn on the headlights for a few minutes then turn off and re connect terminals. all done. there is a write up on this forum under [ d22 ecu re-set ] but it is entirely different , i asked the question why but no answers as yet.

I have never tried that method, apparently it works
I usually just disconnect battery and turn headlights on step on brake a few times ect

There are four separate non-destructive ways to reset the ECU. Each is up to you and what devices or tools you have available.

1) Follow the steps to command the ECU to reset itself
2) Use a Consult device to command the ECU to reset
3) Disconnect the power and consume the remaining power in a hurry
4) Disconnect the power and allow the remaining power to dissipate over time

There are other alternatives but I can't list them in the non-destructive methods. These include (but are not limited to):

a) Using your car as a target on a tank practice firing range
b) Parking your car in one of the mock towns used in a nuclear weapons test
c) Replacing the contents of your brake reservoir with nitro glycerin and go for a drive
d) Attempt to jump-start your car using 32kV transmission power

For safety's sake, I would not recommend that anyone do any of the last items on any day that ended in a 'y'.

Howdy all, I looked in the search eng, but I can't find what scan tool to get for a '03 d22 zd30 ? Do they have one? Where can I get one from ? cheers and a marry Christmas to all hohoho vic

Latest posts

Back