D22 turbo dramas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirty Trix 2

Reaction score
I have installed a td27 turbo on the QD32 navara motor.

Have had some issues, even after the turbo was rebuilt. Need some advice on two things.

1) Turbo. Looking to buy a new turbo that was used on the Rd28 and some overseas Td27's. Anyone forsee issues with this? It's still a TB25 with the same A/R but is under half the price of the TB25 labelled as suiting the Terrano. Can't be bothered rebuilding it again, as obviously had a drama with the oil seal replacement when i did it myself.

2) Injector pumps. After adjusting load screw all was ok. When I adjusted Idle screw things have gone haywire. I have been told sometimes things can get stripped and block proper operation of idle. This needs fix/replacement as it is randomly revving up.

What i am looking for is a MECHANICAL pump with a compensator for the turbo. Did the Terrano 1 have a mechanical or electronic pump? I know Terrano 2's and QD32 turbos are an electronic pump.

3) If the Terrano 1 pump is electronic, is there any source for a compensator for these mechanical pumps, and if so, how much?

4) Is the standard Zexel 2S510 Naturally Aspirated 2.7 mechanical pump capable of flowing enough diesel for a turbo 3.2? Or will I need to get the 2S604 pump from the Naturally Aspirated 3.2? Does this even flow enough for a decent level of tune? Are the 2.7 and 3.2 pumps interchangeable as far as both fitment and timing?

Thanks in advance.

DT (Andrew)

DT,
The NA QD32 fuel pump is for sure machanical.
The full pump on the QD32ETI motor is electronic.
I know as I swapped my QD32 out with QD32ETI that did not not have the ECU and wiringloom, so the guys used the fuel pump off the the QD32.
They did install a compensator on the full pump, but have no further info regarding this, sorry.

Sent from my BBA100-2 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back