Boost gauge and egt new exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx bods 👍🏻I'll have to check what Came with my gauge eg T piece hose etc and get back to this . I'm not doing the elec wiring I have an auto elec doing it and he just wants me to do the tee etc . If I do the tee does the wiring need to done same day as where I tee into it will be left open/not connected ?? Does that make sense ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If its a mechanical gauge it will still work but wont be illuminated. If its an electronic gauge it wont work but short answer - either way you can tee it and drive it without electrics.

Ok sweet yeh it's mechanical thx rabbid-chop 👍🏻

Going to do this tomorrow .

so I cut the tee into the wastegate line with the clear tubing that came with gauge then just tie this off with a cable tie till auto elec fits it up ? Do I need to cap off the tubing I attach ?

I'm assuming the black piece with the wiring is the mechanical measurer ?? What's the other clear piece for ?
54dd8cb24c32e79e8e2c62c9fca083c9.jpg

Last edited:
the round piece on the right under the T is the filter/dampener. catchs oil but also dampens the intake pulses.

Yep spot on googled a install pic and that's it ! 👍🏻

So I do the "tee" into the wastegate line then further down my new line I'll add this filter then into the mechanical sensor

By the looks of that, you can either hook it up mechanically or that black thing looks like an electronic sender. You put the tee into the wastegate line and then the other end of the line from the tee onto the fitting on that black sending unit. That will then get wired to the gauge itself and give you your boost readings. The filter is probably to stop anything from getting into the sending unit.

So you can hook the sending unit up to that clear tube and put it somewhere close to the gauge so that the wires will reach, then your sparky can wire that to the gauge.

By the looks of that, you can either hook it up mechanically or that black thing looks like an electronic sender. You put the tee into the wastegate line and then the other end of the line from the tee onto the fitting on that black sending unit. That will then get wired to the gauge itself and give you your boost readings. The filter is probably to stop anything from getting into the sending unit.

So you can hook the sending unit up to that clear tube and put it somewhere close to the gauge so that the wires will reach, then your sparky can wire that to the gauge.

Ok so final confirm, install goes :

1.) tee into wastegate line
2.) add filter into new clear line coming off tee
3.) then , attach black sensor thing after filter but closer to the drivers side so auto elec can wire to A pillar

Cheers boys 👍🏻

Yep, if everything in that photo is what came in the box with the boost gauge then that's how I'd do it. Probably put that filter closer to the sending unit than the turbo too, just to keep it away from the engine heat

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yep, if everything in that photo is what came in the box with the boost gauge then that's how I'd do it. Probably put that filter closer to the sending unit than the turbo too, just to keep it away from the engine heat

Yeh makes sense to keep it closer to sender unit , Thx bods appreciate all the help

Under the pump at work so late finishs no light to work with etc ... Managed to Change oil and put new wipers lol then got dark , had a brief look and not a whole lot of room in their aye !! Will cable ties do to tighten off tee etc ?? Went to Bunnings and brought those stainless screw versions think they might be too big. Hopefully get it done this long weekend .... If I'm not too pissed haha 👍🏻

Yeah I used zip ties on the patrol I used to have and no dramas. Only used clamps on these ones cause the boost controller came with some.... I did zip tie the small tube that goes to the gauge though and haven't had a problem with it

Ok cool might do that but easier too . Can't see bugger all under there!

This is booked in as is my ute for a service with my mechanic mate for Tuesday then should have wired up by the weekend yeeeeeew bout fukn time lol !

Sure, let me correct you then as your wrong. Not sure why the negative post considering u contributed to the thread. I'll assume you're bored as its a Sunday.
-Sourcing of gauges
-Types of gauges eg with/without vacuum
- where to mount/how
-people offering to sell ( oh that's right that was you)
-exhaust and type
-location of install as theirs 2 places
- list goes on .

I'd assume your a mechanic or at least mechanically minded so I'm sure this would be a breeze for you. Congratulations.

As I'm a carpenter and me building houses is for me . Easy. To each their own.

I learnt by my previously heavily modified Hilux and learnt the hard way of DIY fixes/adds that back fired, so to get all info then act not in reverse.

So Stop being bored or untag yourself if it bothers you so much.

👍🏻

Latest posts

Back