Boost gauge and egt new exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What have you got again? 2.5 or 3lt? 3lt has a map sensor on the intake pipe that you can tee into. The only options for the 2.5 are teeing into the wastegate line on the turbo (I did mine off this line and has been fine since it was fitted) or drill and tap a thread to screw a fitting into somewhere on the intake system...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Yeh bods 2.5 man , looks like waste gate line it is then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh bods 2.5 man , looks like waste gate line it is then

just keep in mind that you will see what boost the turbo is making, not what the engine is actually receiving.

just keep in mind that you will see what boost the turbo is making, not what the engine is actually receiving.
That's the thing with the cr yd25 d22s that we got in aus and probably the reason some of them blow heaps of smoke. The engine doesn't know how much boost it is getting either. They only have a maf sensor, no boost or map sensor at all, so if you are loosing boost either through leaking pipework or leaking intercooler core the computer won't know either. That's the other reason you can't use the obd apps to monitor boost, because it isn't accurate. The computer knows how much fuel to inject from the throttle position, rpm and maf rate, obviously any leaks post turbo won't show up on the maf rate because it is already metered air.

nissan top mount intercoolers are absolute garbage and every single d22 i have seen leaks from the sides, all on the same spots and exactly the same amount of oil. personally i used epoxy on it and the leak is still there but a lot less oil on the intercooler. if i wanted to spend money on the engine, getting a recore done on the d22 would be top on the list. also change the clamps to better ones since factory ones leak also and if you try to overtight them the bolt just eats the threads and the clamp is busted.

Just find the hose that goes from the compressor housing on the turbo to the wastegate, Tap into that.

Have u a pic at all John I just wanna make sure I do it correctly ? Appreciate the help

Found a pic is this where u n bods are talking about ? Cheers
a50ad9f03386d3a8124180564a7d3b66.jpg

Nah mate. You can do that if you want, but means drilling and tapping. I haven't got a photo on me at the moment, but if you look at the turbo on the passenger's side of the motor, you will see a small diameter hose running out of the front and across the top of it. That's the line I mean. I will try and get a PIC tomorrow. Away for work at the moment...

Thx bods , I've never tapped before so might avoid this . If what your referring to is simply cutting of a rubber hose inserting a T piece and then clamping it all back off sounds a lot easier and something id be comfortable doing , and seems as though yours is working fine it should be good . Appreciate the help mate 👍🏻

This isn't a navara picture, but it shows you the hose from compressor housing to wastegate actuator that you can tee into. Sorry about the size, lol.

IWG_xr6turbo3.jpg

Last edited:
Managed to get exhaust fitted today 3" all the way through with 3" dump .. What a difference it makes ! Nice little turbo whistle spool up too 👍🏻 egt probe fitted just gotta wire it up with the boost and happy days !

When speaking to exhaust guy he was saying for u tee into the waste gate your only monitoring the "wasted " boost that goes through waste gate ??? Does that make any sense ?? To u fellas ??

When speaking to exhaust guy he was saying for u tee into the waste gate your only monitoring the "wasted " boost that goes through waste gate ??? Does that make any sense ?? To u fellas ??

load of crap.

however as already mentioned it only measures what boost the turbo makes, not what the engine actually gets which is the important bit.
its always better to fit boost gauge as close to the inlet manifold as possible.

the difference can be surprising.

Thats completely wrong. That hose goes from the compressor housing to the actuator, which is essentially a dead end = no flow. Its a direct boost reference point. But as mentioned you get pressure drop across the intercooler so its not as accurate as tapping into the inlet pipe post intercooler as mentioned, but it would still be good enough for most punters if you dont want to shell out the coin for a tap and bit. Will probably read about a couple pound higher.
FWIW i get no appreciable pressure drop from the compressor housing to the inlet pipe. Its a forefront winch cooler on a zd30 though. Very wide or tall (lot of tubes) and very short. I get the feeling it flows better than it cools, *shrug*.

I guess that's why he sells exhausts lol. It is a pity the d22 yd25 doesn't have a map sensor, but oh well. As for boost losses compared to measuring from the manifold, mine teed off the wastegate line gets the same reading on my gauge as what others have reported on here with gauges tapped into the manifold. Top mounts, with the exception of losing boost through the crimped ends on the cooler, should have practically no pressure drop because of the short piping anyway.

Yeh he even looked confused himself as he was saying it lol maybe should just stick to exhausts lol .... Ok sweet so I'll tee into wasteline what do I need to do this do u guys have any pics of yours being done ? Appreciate the help fellas 👍🏻

I'll get a PIC of mine today. It was too late yesterday by the time I got home.

Not the easiest thing to see or get to lol, but these should give you an idea
8b3f27e91fe86ebf033e324743071bd8.jpg

The little tiny hose with the clamp on is the line you want
15c9b204a938d7fce3045d14b02ec480.jpg

Not real clear, but you can just see the t piece on the right in this photo. You kinda have to go by feel. Can't see a whole lot down there lol. I removed the whole hose and put the t into it and put it back on, much easier than doing it while all in place

Latest posts

Back