Monkey Gum Fire trail

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My mate in the Hilux has knocked it on the head, he is going to pick up new moto out near windsor tomoz

so we have me, onemofo and Raff , which is a good crew for the trail and its current condition,
BUT if someone else wants to join you can meet us at the Mittagong exit of the freeway at 7:30am, we will be on the UHF ch14

Ok not long home from a muddy day out in the 4by.

Ended up with three cars the Ranger, OneMofo and his D22 and a new comer to the group Kurt in his fully locked patrol with internal beed locks, we ended up meeting up with lots of guys on the trail and some getting stuck.

The trail was at its most challenging after all the rain, so of course we had an awesome day on the trails.

The D22 of OneMofo with no lockers really held its own in what is truly Jeep and patrol country, it did need a little winch at one point but that was more to prevent potential damage rather then dead set stuck.

We caught up with a Jeep, and two Tritons that were with a Pathfinder that had a front Lokka and one triton had a rear locker. the Pathy's lokka caused it to slide into a massive rut and was in a precarious position so he was winching, when his mate in the triton decided to take an alternate route and ended up on a muddy slippery slide and also slid into a nasty position, so he had to get his mate in a Jeep to park behind him and winch him up via a block in a triangular position to get the front to drag across the track.

As al this was going on two more jeeps with big lifts and 35 came along, the pathy and mates moved off the track and let us through, a short time later we let the two big jeeps go.

I have stacks of pics, but mainly of the others, i will post up a stack but none of them do the trail any justice, you will just have to believe me when i say its STEEP and RUTTED with rocks and logs strewn all of the place and every once in a while it flattens out and there is a deep rutted puddle that will catch you out if you take the wrong line.

More to come

Last edited:

The patrol flexing its muscles!!! man it flexed good and with the internal beedlockers running 15Psi combine with twin lockers it hooked up and walked just about everything

The ruts were allot deeper then this but it gives you and idea with Steve knee deep in one.

One of the jeeps, this was the guy that was in the Pathy's group

just a little winch so not to pop a CV, it doesnt look bad in the pic but it kept sliding into the rut and getting crossed locked so slippery and was bouncing on the front wheel, it bent the Tie rod some where around here.

The end............ well almost there is still a small hill then about 5km of small dams to navigate and not drown in.
But this is at the top and the lookout accessed by the old rickety wood ladder.

I'm having some serious withdrawals looking at these pics. Wish I could have been there with you guys! Who was the fella with the furry face? ;)
Gotta love them Jeeps!

Cheers Brad

Looks like an awesome day
That track is on my yo do list
You are gettin quite good with the camera nathan, nice pics

I'm having some serious withdrawals looking at these pics. Wish I could have been there with you guys! Who was the fella with the furry face? ;)
Gotta love them Jeeps!

Cheers Brad

Next time mate, would be good to do some more wheeling with you.

Those jeeps are bloody awesome when set up like the ones today.

Looks like an awesome day
That track is on my yo do list
You are gettin quite good with the camera nathan, nice pics

Yeah mate great track and an awesome day, i will be keen to do it again whenever you want.

All the pics were taken with the iphone.

The black jeep was twin locked and I swear he must of invested 20-30K into it. It smashed everything thrown at it with ease I was almost thinking I should have bought one. ALMOST.
Not to mention that Ranga, there were really only a couple of moments towards the end where it was pushing and having to try again, iv got some good pics there.
The twin locked Patrol just plodded away all day no real hassles except a slightly bend rear bar which was straighten by a Nath special. The D22 surprised me several times throughout the day, I'd get stuck a few times on what was really small things but then plough over some of the harder stuff at the end where I was sure I would need to be winched again. Over all one winch for our team for the day, (we won't mention who, pictures tell a thousand words) not bad considering the terrain. I did go and bend a HD Tie Rod Adjuster so I'll grab a new one later in the week. No damage other then what was mentioned either which just amazes me as the wash out were as deep as my waist in some places and I'm 6"1.
Ill post some pic's throughout the day.
Was a great day Nath happy wheeling once again, your guidance was appreciated and will be ready again soon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408914687.040793.jpg
this is roughly where we went in.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408914725.425407.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408914739.443370.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408914761.777183.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408914800.998885.jpg
This was where things started to get interesting, the creek was crystal clear and could imagine the fishing around here would be great.

We really only made it 300m to where we caught up to a few other 4x4 jeeps, Tritons etc (as Nath mentioned earlier).
This is what they were struggling with.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408914961.928911.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408914987.579633.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408915002.197540.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408915018.465889.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408915031.633123.jpg

Latest posts

Back