Go Back   The Navara Forum > D22 > D22 Engine

Old 26-11-2017, 05:34 AM

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogieboots View Post
I removed the inlet manifold myself and cleaned it out following the instructions on the link below. It was pretty straight forward and I got a heap of tar out after 200k with no EGR blank.

http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=25427
Iv seen that thread before its a great write up but think its something i would get my mechanic to do. I blocked mine at around 100k
Sponsored Links

Old 26-11-2017, 05:37 AM

Garage

Iv got so many things to repair on the nav at the moment i wont be able to get the manifold cleaned for a few months at least. So might look into the engine cleaners

Old 27-11-2017, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old.Tony View Post
Calibre catch cans are very simple. An inlet, an outlet, and an empty can underneath. No one-way valve or anything fancy. It's a Calibre, after all! It doesn't mean that the hoses can't get blocked.
Fair enough. No idea regarding Clalibre catch cans, I imagined they would have something in them to filter the vapors (don't cheapy ones run on steel wool or something?) and that could block up. Longshot anyway, but the symptoms sounded similar.

Old 27-11-2017, 05:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Fair enough. No idea regarding Clalibre catch cans, I imagined they would have something in them to filter the vapors (don't cheapy ones run on steel wool or something?) and that could block up. Longshot anyway, but the symptoms sounded similar.
Nah, most of the cheapies are just an empty can. People then fill them with steel wool or similar to try and help cool the vapour down and catch the oil. The other issue with them, especially on a diesel motor is usually the size of the fittings being a lot smaller than the pcv fittings on the motor. Not too much of an issue with an empty can, but can cause seals to blow out from excess crankcase pressure if you cram a lot of material in there to catch the oil.

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk