Go Back   The Navara Forum > Tech Talk > DIY Modifications And Build Up's

Old 08-01-2017, 06:01 AM
Advanced Member

My Mood:
Garage

Well its been a while between drinks on the truck. I decided to take some time off in December as I was struggling for motivation to put the dash back together, with work being extremely busy in the summer months I was often reluctant to work on the truck before work most day. One of the big issues we had during racing and testing is that the dash and gauge clusters were put together very quickly and it was very unorganised.

I have now redesigned the entire dash setup so that everything can be seen an accessed when we are strapped in. I have gone for the trophy design with the majority of the gauges on the navi's side, the switches are on my left.

The isolator, head unit and reverse camera are in the centre just below the gauges

I will try and post more pics when everything is installed and wired up

Old 15-03-2017, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

My Mood:
Garage

I haven't posted on here in a while as I have been flat out prepping the car for racing and then racing over the long weekend 3rd - 6th. We had a pretty successful weekend! Finished the entire race length and place second in class 8 (extreme 4WD)

Before we even left home there was a mad rush to get the fibreglass panels attached as our initial plan to get brackets laser cut fell through.

We had some electrical issues with the water pump for the water to air which limited our top speed to about 120km/h. We were seeing intake air temps of 260 - 280 pre intercooler and up to 140 deg post intercooler so the choice has been made to remove the compound turbo setup and go to a single Garrett GT2056v with aftermarket compressor and exhaust wheels which we will tune to 30 - 35psi. We are hoping for 180 - 230Hp with better than 18:1 AFR's

We are still having issues with the gearbox particularly going from 3rd to 4th and 3rd to 2nd however we will persist this season with this box and look to put an auto behind the YD25 in the offseason.

Our next race will either be the beginning of May or the beginning of June depending on how the repairs and money goes. Stay tuned for more updates.

Old 22-03-2017, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

My Mood:
Garage

Few pics from the weekend away racing

Tags
4 link, coilovers, off road racing, winch truck