Amos' 2013 D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jump on the auto Lokka buy and lock the front the. E lock the rear later.

Jump on the auto Lokka buy and lock the front the. E lock the rear later.

i'm chasin an e locker for the front, not sure yet if i will lock the rear, still a lot more research/digging through threads on here to see what has worked best for others

certainly not looking to do no rock climbing or anything with her, not while she's still my daily anyways

excuse my ignorance with all the 4x4 bits n bobs, i'm still really new to this 4wd game

always been a big old carby 8's driver before the nav

I would personally throw an auto locker in the front and save the e locker for the rear. When in 2wd you won't notice the auto locker, when in 4wd and you aren't breaking traction or lifting a wheel you won't notice it and steering won't be affected.

But I do see the benefit of having a manual locker in the front, guess it just comes down to budget :) I went for the group buy and what I save on not putting in a manual locker pays for sliders and bash plates.

I would personally throw an auto locker in the front and save the e locker for the rear. When in 2wd you won't notice the auto locker, when in 4wd and you aren't breaking traction or lifting a wheel you won't notice it and steering won't be affected.

But I do see the benefit of having a manual locker in the front, guess it just comes down to budget :) I went for the group buy and what I save on not putting in a manual locker pays for sliders and bash plates.

ahh nice one, must be what my mate is putting in his lux, how much is it through the group buy thing?

sorry for the bulk questions, but without me having to run a search and dig through threads, how's an auto locker work?

Thanks for that mate

And sorry for the late reply and no posting, been moving houses and just into my first own house only just got around to bothering to get internet here

So I got the HD tie rod adjusters and idler arm brace, also got a HD exedy clutch, also got the TJM rear bar and bash plates on

Anybody know of somewhere that sells or a descent shop in perth to make up some brackets for the rear bar to suit a 2" body lift

Last edited:
so went for a little burn on the weekend at the Mundaring Power Lines track

certainly gotten a bit worse condition since i was last there

xgl20l.jpg

2m6n7dt.jpg

scth7r.jpg

2j4wz0o.jpg

and a couple of clips

View My Video

View My Video

also a pic of my custom made gauges
these will be going in the centre above the head unit in a custom made mold along with another speaker upgrade to all comp level gear, new head unit and new amps, as well as instalingl a couple of 12" subs that will be housed in a toolbox in the tray coming through to behind the seats

2cni2gz.jpg

so the rear suspension is buggered and the diff

currently undergoing a diff swap out on the rear to a dana 44 while also changing rear suspension over to 4 link coil over

Last edited:
rear and front diff have been purchased, got a real good price for them also came with a nice big front brake upgrade, will give them a tidy up and a respray before the go in

2q3so6w.jpg

Is Sam doing your conversion? He was asking me some questions a few weeks ago about SAS'ing a D22

yeah mate he's doing the work, certainly be a bit easier knowing some of the issues you ran into when he starts the build, you keeping yours rego'd at all? seen by the looks you're looking to compete with it

Last edited:
Its still rego'ed until October but I wont be renewing it. It will become a trailer pig after that. What size coilover do you intend to use on the rear? I have 14/16" in mine and my shock tower comes up to the just below the rear window

yeah thought you might be, any issues with cops after it was raised up and driving around? i think we're looking at running 12" front and rear, for the moment though we're only gonna be running a small setup in the rear till we get the front done, catching up with Sam this weekend to hopefully drop the car off and go over all the details again

Last edited:
Yeah sounds good man, If you can keep it low and fill the guards with 35's you shouldn't have too much trouble. I've only been pulled over once since October last year. however its not my daily so it rarely gets driven

yeah thats the plan mate, keep it to 35/7's with 8-10" lift above stock and it shouldn't be too out there, but if it gets stickered then i'll just go down your path and turn it into competition

so not too much to update, everything is mocked up and in place ready to be connected for the rear

the diff has been cleaned up, and looking at some stuff to strengthin it along with an elocker

currently waiting on the heim joints to come in so the work can being,

heres the rear all striped down ready to go
2lddter.jpg

How's the sas coming along? Do you intend on getting this thing engineered? What are you hoping to achieve after this conversion? Would love to see some pics on the build! Great work!

I really like those gauges Amos. Where are they from? And have you had the pod made and the rest of the stereo work done?

Latest posts

Back