D22 Problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killjoy

Reaction score
Hi all, i've just bought a 98' D22 QD32. It's been a Farm ute it's whole life and i bought it off my boss so i was aware of it's problems before hand, anyway speedo doesn't work and the digtal ODO has frozen on 195233km, it's bog standerd, doesn't have a tacho but the fuel and temp gauge work fine, she's lacking on power somewhat, foot to the floor in 5th and she might push 100km/h and it seems that fuel consumption is rather high. Also the reverse lights do not work. I had a look under the gearbox and found a few loose wires, i'll try and upload some pics. Any help would be appreciated.

more than likely its had something hit the cables underneath which is why both reverse and speedo don't work.

power can be a ton of things, everything from low compression, injecotrs, pump, blocked intake, dirty airfilter, blocked fuel filter etc.

Well i just gave her a service, New air filter and maybe 2-3lt of oil came out lol, had to stick a screwdriver to get the old oil filter off, never trust getting it serviced at a mechanics. Anyway so how do i check the speed sensor? and i might get a new fuel filter for it tomorrow too. Thanks for the help so far.

Heres what i found...

Attachments

• Navara.jpg
    Navara.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 417
Hi mate,
I too have a D22 series 1, bog standard. Fuel economy figures for mine are 12lt/100 as for power, while not quiet as slow as a crippled turtle in custard (Toyota Hilux 2.8d) it will not win many races. That saying mine runs nice at 110km/h and holds it very well.

If I can help out let me know

Maddo

You may want to run some engine oil cleaner through the next time you change the oil, mate of mine got an old hilux and we changed the oil and it came out like yoghurt, so we ran that through and got most of the crap out!

Yeah guess i'll do that next service, is was pretty nasty looking, still the fact that it only had a couple of ltrs left wasn't good.

Yeah mine struggles at 100km/h, nothing to worry about seeing all the work i do in it is running around paddocks and what not, but it's a bitch to drive on the highway with trucks easily overtaking me.

One of them on the transfer is the 4wd light for the dash. The other is the speed sensor.

Cant remember which is which.

The gearbox ones are the reverse light and possibly the Neutral Position.

I have to do up a heap of Service Manual on cd this weekend.

PM your details and Ill send you a copy.

Welcome mate. The QD32 is a beautiful motor if you can get it running smoothly. Mine had no problem doing 130kph when it was N/A.

Hope these pictures can help you.
IMG_20111216_191635.jpg

IMG_20111216_191644.jpg

Not too sure which black wire goes to the white or the yellow sorry mate.

-Brodie

So this is what i'm looking at

Attachments

• DSC_0503.jpg
    DSC_0503.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 655
  • DSC_0504.jpg
    DSC_0504.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 872
Can anyone tell me which setup is correct? also the blank is for anyone who wants to scribble on it.

Attachments

• Drawing1.pdf
    49 KB · Views: 164
from what i read in the manual the red/white is the speed sensor which is the one at the back of the gearbox.

Latest posts

Back