Water/Methanol injection

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodneyrev

Reaction score
Do any of your blokes have any experience with water/methanol injection on a zd30? Does it make extra power. lower egts and what boost level does it kick in? Seems like a good way to get a little extra power and reduce egts while towing.

Yeah water/meth gives more power.
Straight water is better for reducing exhaust temps but still gives a power boost.
Mines set to come on around 13psi so it doesn't run continuosly on the highway but can be set to come on at any level.

Best advantage is it steam cleans the engine for longer life.

Thanks guys, that's been really helpful. I was looking a Snow Performance kit but they are much dearer than the Devils Own. I never see much over 500 degrees with an 18ft van, my egts are much lower after being tuned by Berrima Diesel. I just changed egt gauges, from a VDO to an Autometer and the Autometer reads 40 - 50 degrees higher Go figure.. I put in a pillar pod and the VDO gauges are too long to the pod. Anyone want a cheap VDO Pyrometer? The back of the gauge is a bit of a mess (the installer went a bit feral with the soldering iron) and there are no instructions but I'll sell it for $75. I'll chuck in a boost gauge for another $25. plus ten bucks for postage

The easiest way to build one is using a window washer bottle out of a crummydore get a one way valve to put in the main l

I had water/meth injection on a supercharged 5.0 commodore and did it like this:
Got another window washer bottle and motor and mounted it under guard. Ran new hose ( the one that would normally go to window washer) to just after the air filter. In this line there needs to be a one way valve so the liquid doesn't run back into the tank. The section that goes into the turbo needs a fitting that will create mist. I used a small brass agricultural brass fitting.
Then you just need a hob switch set up within the boost / vacuum line to make it work. You can adjust the hob switch to where to would like it to kick in.
Could set one up for $60.

Any questions, let me know.
Turbo54

Also I don't believe you feel it 'kick in'. NOS and boost kicks in water does not. It is a safety precaution more than performance product.
T54

Back