Suction control valve

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbu

Reaction score
I have an '08 D40 STX Spanish built, does anyone have a part number for the scv?
Taa

Found one on ebay with that part number from Thailand. Presume that would suit the Spanish one then?

If your suction control valve has a circlip at the front you can try opening it up and cleaning the valve

Scv replacement

2007 d40 stx.
Got limp mode twice in the last week and "suction control valve stuck" was displayed on the torque app for Android both times after a quick fault code scan.
This rig has the short scv standard, (made in Thailand Denso unit) but I'm going to try the longer unit (made in Japan Denso unit) bought from eBay .
Valve looks the same, electrical plug is the same there's plenty of room so why not...
Will report with the outcome..
Of course all Denso and Nissan part numbers different, Nissan oz worse than useless for advice, Denso oz non-existent, and parts retailers in the dark about function and compatibility.

Long one WON'T WORK. You can get a LONG UNIT out of Thailand that has a special adapter plate to replace a SHORT NOSE version.

Long Nose offer more pressure, and higher tolerance to debris.

If you need some contact details for the long unit, let me know.

Can you explain your experiences with d40 scvs and how you know this one won't work?
Do you know in what way will it not work, fault codes, rough running etc?
Cheers

From experience and readings. The D40 won't start, and the longer SCV won't seat into the pump correctly.

As stated, there is a solution if you want to run the longer SCV, but it requires a spacer.

Long and short scvs

Ok cool thanks for your help.
I grabbed a genuine short scv from my local Nissan dealer today.
Turns out it's not a Denso part it's from another supplier in Holland, made to suit Denso pumps.
D40 navara: the global SUV 😂
So for anyone in need of the longer scv for d40, I've got a Denso made in Japan one, Denso part number 294009-0040.
Pm me if you need one you can have it for what I paid + postage so like 180 bucks.

I have a genuine one available too.

Reference the SCV part number against your PUMP NUMBER. It's on the side with a QR code sticker.

If you need a pic of the SCV number, I can help there too.

I asked because my local couldn't supply me one, without the whole pump attached. Does not exist they said

Photo of Nissan d40 2007 stx Spain Scv

Here's the box. I can upload a photo of the valve too if you want but it looks just like every other short d40 scv.
The plug end is standard pinkish colour not blue like some say the new ones can be.
It makes sense to me that the Spain built stx would have genuine external electronic parts coming from Holland, not Japan or Thailand. (even though the fuel system itself is Denso made, from Japan)
The spare scv I have lying around now is not Nissan branded it's genuine Denso long type, made in Japan to suit some Denso d40 fuel pumps.
The more you look into these Denso systems the more you realise no two d40 models have the same.
The spare parts manager at the Nissan dealership did tell me last visit that the scvs were not listed as a spare part originally. They were listed as part of the fuel pump assembly.
Then the dealers had a "bulletin" come through from head office in the late 2000s to say yea these things F**k up a lot here's a listing for the scv alone.
Surprised to hear them say it but i know them pretty well by now

Attachments

• DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 173

Latest posts

Back