I'm looking to percure a new source of suction 🤣🤣🤗

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bringthenav

Reaction score
Hey people,
I want to grab a cheap and reliable Suction Control Valve off eBay for a 2007 Vsk Spain Yd25 D40.

Whats the correct part number &
how much did u pay, which item number did you grab, etc?

Located in Australia.
Having limp mode again after fitting new primer, fixing boost leaks, seems to not happen if i prime my new primer 6-7x before starting.
Just replaced that a week ago, done two freeway runs.. ran awesome..
But on return trip hit limp mode with no code, after i got off freeway moving off at lights.
Couldn't restart a couple trys after priming.. just shut off.

Then came good, got home.
Yest morning forgot to prime before starting it up and hit limp mode top of my street acceling maybe a bit spiritedly. Could be something fuel related or needing 5000 primings after the new fitting...

I just try remember to pump it up every morning before starting, only ever takes 6-7 pumps to get hard (thats what she said)

But couldn't hurt to replace the SCV & i will also do the FPR right after i test a new scv. Maybe my SCV is a bit old and sticky. Got 316,000 on clock.

Today, primed it before starting, did a return 100km fway/Highway run with no issue, acceling lightly letting turbo work for me, trying to avoid getting a limp on heavier acceling.

Definately keen to do SCV immediately

I find that my car will offer me a unannounced (no light, no codes) limp mode if the turbo overboosts.

I don't use a BCS, I have a Tillix valve, and on a recent trip to South Australia we were having issues where if I tried climbing a hill (caravan in tow, of course) I'd get this odd limp mode that would reset itself if I backed off (no restart required).

Having endured this for some many kilometres, I pulled into a rest area and popped the bonnet to find that the vac line from the turbo outlet to the top of the Tillix valve had worn a hole where it rubbed against a hose clamp. This meant that I was losing boost, and losing control of the turbocharger - it was free to boost as high as it wanted. I was lucky to have some spare 3mm hose with me so I replaced that section and the problem was solved.

Could yours be overboosting?

Unlikely its overboosting, i have a boost gauge that displays up to 30.. and i never seen it go higher than 22 on a freeway, most hiway ..back road driving averages 10-12-15-17 max.

It seems to be that put the boot down suddenly I'm limping needing a restart. Ive even had 1-2 restarts until it was back to normal last time instead of the usual just 1.

So far thinking scv/fpr or something fuel system to do with the fuel pressure or air getting in or something unpriming, or fact I replaced the primer bulb.. maybe it needs 600 goes at priming it up over some days before it might go away.

Ok, definitely sounds like the SCV. Pull yours out and have a look - there's a marked difference between short and long versions of the SCV, instantly noticeable.

Short: Denso part number 294200-0360

Long: Denso part number 294009-0120

The short one might be available for other vehicles as well (they use the same part - Land Rovers, Ford Transit CRD, Mitsubishi Triton/Pajero, Isuzu DMax etc).

Latest posts

Back