LED headlights

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The theory behind the LED is good but I think they still need to do more dev on them to get them to the point of a straight replacement.
The amount of light output is close on the money but the focal point still needs work
Possibly the megga expensive units might be better but I seriously doubt it.
Headlights designed specifically for LED will be way better in the long run due to power consumption and colour etc , however our headlights are designed for Quartz globes .
Now if you could get Quartz globes that are actually white and not yellow we would be on a winner lol

Thanks for doing that, definitely proves a couple of things for me:

1) LED lights are true to form and disperse the light everywhere, so they're not good for distance. Poor design of the globe probably didn't help, the filaments in a halogen are in those exact places for a good reason!

2) LED "headlight" globes are just as bad as HIDs and need to be lensed.

Not so sure they are as bad as HID.Yes the light does disperse wider but I think thats about it.From the pics you can see there is bugger all height to the lights.
HID is just simply the wrong design for the focal point. LED appears to actually be below the focal point hence no depth. As the led is just a light source as such then its the issue with the focal point that is causing the lack of depth where as the HID is going beyond the focal point hence the scattering.
In all honesty for normal city driving the LED might actually be really good.The fact there is bugger all change between high and low beam with the LED just means you need to use something like a light bar to get some distance . Now seeing your not meant to go High beam in built up areas they maybe ok

Would be actually very interesting to see what a HID looks like compared to LED as a side by side comparison

Last edited:
Ok finished the install this afternoon
Final conclusions and observations

Low Beam appears slightly better but mainly due to the colour
beam adjustment no longer makes any difference

High Beam virtually non exsitant

Final Conclusions
looks wise they do look better and give a good colour on low beam
other than that
Not worth the effort !!!!!!!

Ok finished the install this afternoon
Final conclusions and observations

Low Beam appears slightly better but mainly due to the colour
beam adjustment no longer makes any difference

High Beam virtually non exsitant

Final Conclusions
looks wise they do look better and give a good colour on low beam
other than that
Not worth the effort !!!!!!!

Thanks for being the guinea pig mate. On your advice I won't be bothering. I'll just find a decent halogen in a nice white colour.... Or stick in 100/120w Phillips Rally lamps like I had in the Patrol :evil: Lol

Back