Heat Exchange for shower in D40 ST

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aka_db

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am looking at seeing if I can fit a heat exchange unit for an external shower like a Glind or Bushranger on my D40 ST Diesel when I get it. Has anyone tried to fit one of these under the bonnet anywhere? I have only had a quick look, but there doesn't seem to be much room under there.

Cheers, db.

Thanks jayk,

I have emailed him, hopefully he can help get me on the right track.

Cheers, db.

As long as it can be thermostatically controlled @ 65-70C. Any more and you could get a nasty burn. It's a novel idea, and for those with roof campers or tents it could be very handy - a lot better than those silly solar showers. While the black bags worked, they took forever to warm up and didn't need any cold water.

Let me know how you go as i'd like to put one on, already got a 12V pressure pump on the car which is bloody awesome, hot shower would be unreal

I know there are a lot of guys on the net that rave about the heat exhangers but I have never once come across one that works as well as I would like.

I have had two different brands on my previous trucks (glind and a homemade stainless one) and fitted several different branded ones to vehicles and they have all let me down in the temperature department.
I always had to double pass the water to get it hot enough for my liking.

If ya run one you really need to slow the water down to under 4/lpm.

I have not tried one on a Navara and there are brands I have not tried so dont be put off. THere are ways to make the water hot (double pass) and they are very handy when camping.
Check out the helton unit too and I also came across this mob. They claim to be more effecient but I cannot comment SCINTEX Biofuels Australia - Brazed Plate Heat Exchangers

Any other questions just ask. I have had a lot of experience with different setups with these.
Cheers

Hi 4.8GU,

I like the look of those SCINTEX units, thanks, I might have a chat with them. I picked up the car yesterday and had a bit of a look today, not much room under there to anything. Might be able to fit one of the smaller Scintex units near the firewall on the passenger side. Just need to look at the manual and see what is there that would be a service problem if I made it harder to get too.

I am also a bit unclear as yet as to which specific lines I will break in to, but that will mostly depend on where I end up mounting the unit.

Oh well, no one ever said it was going to be fun. Then I just have to find a place for the pump, but at least that doesn't have to be close to anything in particular.

Cheers, db.

Latest posts

Back