04 3.0L dual battery location

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yobbo

Reaction score
Hello, This is my first post!!!!! I have just purchased a 04 3.0L dual cab and I am wanting to add a second battery, is it possible to mount a second battery in the engine bay? or do they have to be mounted in the tub?. And this EGR blocking mod really necessary?

I must admit I am quite impressed the the Navara. For the last 7 years I have been driving a 4.8 Patrol, but I sold it a few months ago as it was to small to tow the new boat. I also own a old 60 series landcruiser, with a reco 2H diesel, 100% reliable, even the AC works, but bloody uncomfortable, I mainly use it to travel to the marina.

The Navara is a 04 STR with 166,000km , Black in color (wifes choice) with safari snorkel, alloy bullbar, cruise control, oil catch can, new shockies, 2.5" exhaust, I paid $15k for it, and I think it`s good value for money, I have no real intentions of thrashing it off road, but I will take it up the beach a few times a year, it`s main duties having two small kids is family transport, although I have a caravan I will tow that up the beach with the cruiser

cheers Yobbo

Last edited:
G'day yobbo and welcome to he forum! Sounds like you have abit planned for the new beast I hope she treats you well. As for the egr mod this is up to you by now it would be full of gunk and if you were to block it you may as well clean the intake system too. Also at least you have all the right aftermarket upgrades good buy!

Last edited:
The TB48DE powered GU Patrol is rated to tow 3.5T.

The ZD30DDT powered D22 Navara is rated at 2.8T.

From memory the TB48 makes 400Nm of torque too. ZD30 makes 314Nm in the D22.

The Navara will be better on fuel, thats about it.

Did you mean 2.8L Patrol ?

Oh and welcome.

Hi Dave, My old patrol was a TB48DE, pretty powerful, it would pass just about anything but a fuel station, and towed my 2t caravan on the beach with ease, pretty darn thirsty thou, 17L / 100km around town, 25L / 100km towing the van, and about 45L / 100km towing the van up the beach, my new boat is not towable anyhow, 5 ton and 33' long, and as we how have a boat which we use just about every weekend, we almost never use the caravan (wife wont let me sell it), so for us the Navara ticks all the boxes, dual cab, diesel, 4WD, ute, wife likes it

U could fab up a battery box to go under the tub. There's heaps of room under there.

Has anyone else done this? That's my plan.

Piranha make a battery tray for under the bonnet on your nav as I,m running the same setup. Tjm sell the piranha tray under their brand, it mounts under the bonnet on the passenger side near the fuel filter, doesn't hold a huge battery about a 60 amp hour, runs my 40l engel for the weekend fine though

Hey guys i have the zd30 and safari snorkle and with a few hours playin round and changing the pipe work it can easly be done

image-3960880864.jpg

So I take it the pre air cleaner isn't that important. I've been thinking of doing this mod as well

Latest posts

Back