06 d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stockers

Reaction score
Hi,

I Initially registered whilst investigating the D22 Navara (as I was looking at buying one). I've since decided that it's the way to go!

Got a couple of options within my price range (and you can't argue with value for $$) and they are both white 2006 D22 3.0TD DX.

What does everybody think of this ute? I think with an STR chrome sports bar, mirrors, a lick of paint on the guards to make them white (like on the STR) and some seat covers + floor mats, it doesnt make a bad truck.

I'm curious about suspension changes (as it isnt the comfiest ride atm) intercoolers and cruise control for now. I'll definitely look into some more interesting mods when I get into some 4wding.

I'm a long term subaru fan (i've owned + modified WRXs, STis, a liberty etc) but have wanted a turbo diesel 4wd ute for a while and the d22 is incredible value - and by all accounts pretty tough.

Happy to be here and hoping for your thoughts,

- jon

Welcome to the forums Jon. I'm not a D22 driver but I'm fairly sure you'll find most of those with similar D22's are pretty happy with them. Enjoy which ever one you end up buying.

Welcome aboard. The D22 is quite capable off-road, but it's a ute - so it has suspension like a ute. Even my D40 has a fairly rough tail end - it's not a sedan, or a sports car. But it can take you places the other cars can't go, so there's a nice balance.

ive got a 06 d22 str and its a great truck it takes me anywhere i want great off roader

I also own a 2006 D22 STR and am very happy with it. I'm not into heavy off road, mine gets used for touring far & wide with a caravan. It is fairly stock except for gas fitted & a 2.75 in exhaust which together makes it go well but economically and would love to fit Cruise Control if ever I could find the right one and where to buy it. You've made a good choice. :rock:

welcome

for your intercooler, cruise control and suspension lift you'd prob get them all for about $3.5k and a bit less if you fit them yourself. Several thrads on all those things if you do a search.

There's quite a few second hand D22's floating round carpoint.com etc for between $22-27k with a few mod's already on them. I'd be checking them out if you're keen and you might find one thats already kitted out for ya.

I've been very happy with mine. Have fun

Latest posts

Back