08 navara stx - no service history- Warranty???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not getting in a fight with you but legally there is no laws that state the owner or a qualified mechanic can't fix the car and still have the warranty up held. Yes they can make it harder for you but they can't just void the warranty because your a sparky and not a mechanic.

When i was looking for a navara i came across a silver auto diesel with 50kms on it, and owner said the same thing didnt want to pay for servicing and he said he did it himself, car was cheap but i kept shopping around and finally found 1 with lower kms and log books, i rekon your better in the long run to keep shopping around with sevice history, least you know for sure if something goes wrong, your deffinately safe. thats my opinion anyway.

LOL Terry. Just pull off the door panels and check for a waterline. ;)

50K isn't really much on a vehicle. You really can only confirm the last service anyway so check the colour and opacity of the oil on the dipstick. You can't confirm the datestamp on the filter as it's in a casing which means oil everywhere.

Get the RAC guys to check it over and if it's okay throw some money at it for a full service for your own piece of mind.

That's what I would do but if you're still having doubts just move on.

50K isn't really much on a vehicle. You really can only confirm the last service anyway so check the colour and opacity of the oil on the dipstick. You can't confirm the datestamp on the filter as it's in a casing which means oil everywhere.

Get the RAC guys to check it over and if it's okay throw some money at it for a full service for your own piece of mind.

That's what I would do but if you're still having doubts just move on.

Thanks,

That pretty much sums up how im lookin at it.

So you reckon theres a date stamp INSIDE the filter ?

Thanks,

That pretty much sums up how im lookin at it.

So you reckon theres a date stamp INSIDE the filter ?

Pull the dipstick and if the oil isn't dark and murky like Davy Jones' boxers then you might stand a chance of seeing the stamp otherwise I personally don't think you'll stand a chance of reading anything.

The worst case senario is it hasn't been serviced at all. If you're asking the questions looking for an easy answer, the easy answer is to have it inspected by RAC.

My view 50K is nothing, even if you miss a service or 2 the car isn't going to be damaged. Oil works for much longer then the 10K everyone changes it at, not that you want to ignore changing it at 10K. I'd just get it gone over by the RACQ or whatever you have and see how it looks. forget the date stamp that is just a manufacture date, which can be a couple of years before it was even installed. These guys that inspect cars everyday for a living know what they are looking at, trust them not some forum telling you to walk away. Anyway don't worry about warrwnty void, for a few bucks i bet some mechanic would dodgy up your log books for you if you had something fail big time. I think dealer servicing is a con act in itself.

Latest posts

Back