'11 STX550 Paint Problem...

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before you let them anywhere near your truck have them sign a contract. I went down a similar track with mine and they tried to "repair" my paint. I also have a Black D40 and they tried to buff out issues on the paint and I ended up with some panels with peel and others like glass. DO NOT let them do this to yours. Have them sign a contract that states whatever they do to any panel they have to do to the complete truck or you will not accept the truck back. If they do not wish to sign a contract of sorts then you know they are planning a bodgy job. Nissan will not be doing the job they will be going to their own panel beaters contractor and make them do the cheapest job possible. its no secret thats how businesses make money.

Cheers for the replys guys and Aussie thanks heap for the advice mate.

Left a message with a different warranty clerk on thursday and never got a phone call back. No surprises there really. Was to busy friday to chase it up so next week I'll push the point a bit harder and make it known I'm not going away.

Nissan are fixing my car, I'm not sure if nissan australia are covering it but my dealer has agreed to repaint my front drivers side quarter panel and bumper bar, the two worst panels on the car. The rest of the car is hardly noticable except for a small mark on the drivers side A pillar. Its a start and at least something it happening.

Thats what they did with mine. Shame the painters couldnt match the paint colour. When you go to inspect the truck when its finished put it out in the sun so the sun is shining directly on those panels. If its the wrong colour you should spot it .Be ready for the front bar to be slightly different colour wise as its plastic and they always say the colours different.Dont be afraid to move the truck around so you get different amounts of light on the panels.Its your truck,,, if your not happy tell them before you accept it back.
I had in total 3 painters work on my truck and not 1 of them got it right.
Hopefully they can get yours right .

I had a paint issue repaired on my 2011 STX. The paint was a different colour inside the front left wheel arch. They repaired it without question, but with all the crap weather i hadn't seen it with a good amount of bright direct sunlight on it. Now that I have seen it, I can see what looks like heavy buffing and there is still a colour variation on the front bumber. It also looks like a big blob of clear coat too.

P1000291.jpg

P1000290.jpg

P1000289.jpg

The buff marks are unfortunately what we always seem to get these days . You can get rid of them with a little work.
Even on my totally resprayed truck there was still buff marks that are unavoidable. I used apaint protection product and basically buffed out the buff marks . Lots of hard work

Back