16x8 or 16x8.5's for D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NA_R33

Reaction score
As the post suggests, I'm chasing a set of 16x8 or 8.5's for my king cab D40. Dont want to spend the earth on them either, at the moment my other option is importing from the states but would prefer to buy locally if possible. From what I have read they will need to be around a +20 offset.

Cheers

John

I,d be checking the offset on your D40 before you start looking as some of the D40,s have offset,s of +45 (thai built one,s) I,ve had the ST/X rims on my ST and they stick out passed the edge of the guard,,

Just a thort

Dynamic Tyres in Melbourne make 16x8 steelies with a zero offset with the Navara PCD. Flares needed to contain the wheels within the guards.

Mmmmm i had a feeling that was the case, my local wheel shops have pretty much put it in the too hard basket unforunately. Looks like I might just run with the 285's on the standard rims, bit put off by it but lots of guys in the states seem to run them without any dramas.

Dont forget the guys in the states have similar wheel dimensions to the ST-X and secondly check your rego rules as a 285 is too big to run in some states .The 265 is as big as you can go and still stay under the 50mm increase rule.

Thanks, I'm aware of the rego issues, having been into jap imports for years. Amazingly when one of them was defected and sent to the pits with wheels and tyres that were way over size and the fronts sticking out passed the front guards a little the main roads inspector made a special point of saying he wasnt concerned with them as they were not a saftey issue.

Now I know this wont always be the case but its not a huge concern of mine. As for insurance I almost wrote the thing off 12 months ago and it had oversized tyres on it then and it again was not an issue. At a seprate point in time I queried an assesor about a job where a car had illegally worn tyres, he told me that since they cannot prove that the tyres where a direct cause of the accident they usually dont knock them back for it.

Looks like the mickey thompsons are it, i was after muddies :), bloody things are a bit pricey though.

hmmm mickey thompson website recomend at least a 7.5 for them...

I am running Mickey Thompson MTZ 285/75's on the standard wheels on my ST. I am running a 2inch lift with no porblems. Have been through also soughts of dramas chasing 16x8 steel wheels. Had a set of Dynamic 16x8's but as mentioned sat outsided the guards (looked tuff) and would have had some major scrubbing on the gaurds.

Sounds like thats the go then, do they rub at all offroad with lock and compression on the front??

Got a quote today through a friend of 349 a piece fitted, seems too good to be true!

Sounds like thats the go then, do they rub at all offroad with lock and compression on the front??

Got a quote today through a friend of 349 a piece fitted, seems too good to be true!

Nil concerns with scrubbing. Have had it out on some pretty tricky situations with no problems.

got any pics of your st cam500 with the tyres and clearance to the gaurds and so forth. something im very keen on doing

Yeah any pics CAM500? sorry I was really keen to check out your rig on the weekend but could only make it one sunday.

Hey guys here are some pics. Below is my Nav with standar wheels on full lock with front suspension compressed. Nill concerns

2261.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back