2.5 Litre EGR Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont think it matters, but dont quote me on it. Anyway, its just as easy to do it on the turbo side.

Your donk is set up differently to mine but looking at the photo, put it on the right side

ok - Some results

Performance = Positive

Smoother response on take off, turbo cleaner and smoother and more responsive low down

Emissions = Positive

Much less in fact no smoke under normal conditions, still get a little when planting, but thats not often

Fuel Consumption = Negative

In fact, It seems to be using more fuel than before. Before the blanking plate, I was getting between 680 - 750Km full tank, now im only getting Between 620 and 650.

Will still keep it on as I hate that cloud and prefer the performance.

Looks like a DP Chip may be on order soon

ok - Some results

Performance = Positive

Smoother response on take off, turbo cleaner and smoother and more responsive low down

Emissions = Positive

Much less in fact no smoke under normal conditions, still get a little when planting, but thats not often

In fact, It seems to be using more fuel than before. Before the blanking plate, I was getting between 680 - 750Km full tank, now im only getting Between 620 and 650.

Will still keep it on as I hate that cloud and prefer the performance.

Looks like a DP Chip may be on order soon

Hey vfighter

Before you fork out for the DP branded power chip look at the ChipIt unit which is self fit or they fit it for you. They are lil cheaper and a far better product. I will be purchasing one soon. I have the same issue with fuel consumption but its not from the blank on the egr. Mine is oil thickness. Plus it never gets driven.

keep an eye on it. ecu may take a little while to adapt.
one catch with blocking egr is it does put more reliance on the turbo and intake. so dirty air filters effect economy a lot more. also the turbo's are a bit on the small side so if you cruise at high speed the turbo may be more inefficient hence use more fuel.

keep an eye on it. ecu may take a little while to adapt.
one catch with blocking egr is it does put more reliance on the turbo and intake. so dirty air filters effect economy a lot more. also the turbo's are a bit on the small side so if you cruise at high speed the turbo may be more inefficient hence use more fuel.

well now thats just an excuse to get a bigger turbo then :devil:

Attachments

• EGR.jpg
    EGR.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 210
where can you get stainless steel from? can't find any anywhere.....

Sheetmetal workshops, simsmetal.....too bad your near me..got plenty.

if you really really get desparate pm me your details and I'll post you enough for the job

I'm sure even the likes of Bunnings sell stainless sheet in sizes required for such a job, if not I know our other hardware shop does.

I just did the EGR Blanking Plate mod to my 09 Navara with 45000 on the clock. The bottom end power makes such a difference! I got a mate of mine from a sheet metal place to whip a plate together in 5 minutes out of stainless. It's a very worth while mod! Thanks for all the info everyone!

Latest posts

Back