2.5 Litre EGR Mod

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so to be sure to be sure to be sure... I want to make sure i get this right.
The plate goes to the left side of the photo, block that up and put the pipe back in??

nope, that tube to the right with the two threads hanging out of it. you could block the other one if you want, it doesn't matter really as long as you block it off. i did both ends of mine, not that it makes a lot of difference...

nope, that tube to the right with the two threads hanging out of it. you could block the other one if you want, it doesn't matter really as long as you block it off. i did both ends of mine, not that it makes a lot of difference...

Ok no worries thanks for that. I might just do both while i got the part off.

hi guys. i did my nav last night, easy as. i actually blocked both sides, just used 1.6 stainless. as for driving, i think it definitely comes on a touch earlier and no smoke at all.
IMAG0543.jpg

IMAG0546.jpg

IMAG0547.jpg

Sooo i did my dads d40 today. it's manual, got a steingbow chip (spelling) and goes really well, but. when you put your foot flat it would put out a heap of smoke, like i mean a heeeeaaaappppp. I really didn't know if it could stop it, but i thought, if it can half it we'd be happy. so we put it in, right at the valve and took it for a drive. wow, we were amazed, it didn't bellow smoke. we could actually get up it and not have to worry about the car crashing behind us.

cheers.

Last edited:
Keen to do this mod on my 2012 STR even though its only done just over 1000k's.
Not really fussed about the power benefits, just want to keep my inlet and cylinder head cleaner.

aaaaaanyway

Has anybody got a plate they are willing to sell??

Shan

did you find a seller? I am also after one for a 2012 str 2.5

Am i wrong in guessing that this EGR pipe would be the same on both D22 and D40? so wouldnt matter which one you bought?

@ Kade

I have not found one yet.. With some stuffing around it wouldn't be hard to make.. was just hoping to buy one

@ Kade

I have not found one yet.. With some stuffing around it wouldn't be hard to make.. was just hoping to buy one

I had a bloke PM me saying he will have some stainless ones in stock next week, when he has some ill get him to PM you ;)

Am i wrong in guessing that this EGR pipe would be the same on both D22 and D40? so wouldnt matter which one you bought?

Not sure on sizes but I would think that the bigger motor would have bigger parts, diesels and turbos are new to me and a lot cheaper compared to my last few cars ;)

Hi guys, just joined today... I have just bought a 2011 d22 2.5. after reading all the material i can get and talking to other guys in town that own d22's and a nissan mechanic, who also owns a 2011 d22 i still am unsure if i just put the blank plate in and drive or if i have to swap hoses and crap around?

All the YD25 engines take the same size plates. I will have stock soon (1.2mm S/Steel). My laser cutter Man is having some kick start issues. Will post as soon as I have em.

Hi guys, just joined today... I have just bought a 2011 d22 2.5. after reading all the material i can get and talking to other guys in town that own d22's and a nissan mechanic, who also owns a 2011 d22 i still am unsure if i just put the blank plate in and drive or if i have to swap hoses and crap around?

Put it in, make sure the seal is good, idle the engine for a little bit and listen for leaks, drive around the block for a while and make sure its good, you will notice extra power from about 1250rpm.

yeah im thinking it cant hurt, my main question is... is that all i do put in a blanking plate? no vaccum hose swapping, not solenoid swapping?

Just wondering I got a blanking plate am doing this mod at the moment the plate I have only fits on the left hand side. From the other pictures it looks like everyone has been blocking from right hand side closest too the alternator does it matter if I just block it at the left side??

Back