2.5 turbo boost pressure

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unsteadm

Reaction score
Hi there, i have a quiery regarding my boost pressure. I have just installed an adjustable boost reg. And standard before installing it i was at 15psi as stock. I have tweeked it up to about 19. However when im driving it still sits at around 15psi. If i give a good stab on the accelerator my boost gauge spikes up to 19psi and drops instantly back down to 15psi. Is this normal or should it stay up around 19psi.
It is a 2010 d22 2.5. I have 3inch dump pipe and exaust and snorkel and no chip. Kind regards Matt

They only change peak boost not cruising level boost, could be the ecu forcing it back down to.

What brand gauge and where is the boost line fitted? I have an autometer on mine and a manual boost controller and get 18 - 19psi on the gauge when giving it a bit from around 2250rpm onwards. Normal cruising on the freeway I sit on around 15 - 16psi. My boost gauge is tee'd into the turbo side of the boost controller on the wastegate line, so it sees what the turbo is actually pushing out.

As gazza mentioned, d22s don't have any boost sensors so the ecu uses throttle position and maf rate to calculate fuel requirements. Before fitting the boost controller, stock I was getting about 16psi peak. That was also with the stock exhaust. I have a 3 inch xforce on there now.

My boost gauge is tapped into my manifold so i see what the actual pressure the engine is recieving. I have found my problem. The boost adjuster was not installed correctly. I have now installed it correctly and at full throttle im boosting 19psi and its holding 19psi while im full throttle. I jumped the gun a little when installing it without all the knowledge that i needed. But its working great now that it is installed correctly. Even with my boost gauge plumbed into my manifold i was the same stock as you bods around the 15/16 psi. I was told when installing the gauge that was the best place as you really wanna see how much pressure your manifold is taking in not what the turbo is pumping straight out??

It doesn't make a whole lot of difference, especially with a top mount. There isn't a lot of piping to lose any boost response in anyway. At the end of the day, the biggest thing to cause boost loss is the intercooler. I just couldn't be bothered drilling and tapping a fitting into the manifold, so just used the tee piece that came with the gauge on the wastegate line...

Latest posts

Back