2 din change over

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lugz

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have just purchased a 2007 ST-X D40, and I am wanting to remove the stock 6 disk changer head unit, with a Clarion MAX676VD 2 din head unit I used to have in a Patrol. This afternoon I removed the dash cover to have a look at how hard it would be to get the new head unit in, only to find a lovely metal bar behind the stock stereo!!
Has any one mounted a 2 din head unit? I'm getting the feeling that the Clarion one wont fit!!
If I am able to get the Clarion unit in, I have to attach a "electro tap" to the hand brake signal cord so the monitor/DVD player will work when the hand brake is on. I want to use the DVD player while the truck is in motion. How do I get around this electro tap, so the DVD player comes on whenever I want?

Cheers

There is another thread where this issue has been raised, i think it was as simple as getting a right angled connector peice from Jaycar. As for the handbrake i think you earth the cable to trick it into thinking the handbrake is on.
One of the senior boys can post a link up for you for the past thread, im not sure how to do it.

they are all correct. jus need to connect the wire that goes to the handle break to any negative wire or any metal part of the car

sorry but with all clarion head units now you can not just hook up to earth you have to run to ur handbrake wire or run the wire of the head unit to a 2 prong switch then after the switch conect to ground and when you press dvd it will come up on the screen "buy law you cant drive with dvd but we can still play sound" then you flick your switch and the screen will come on with ur dvd in video form

yeah but i have a mate that works for clarion and clarion worked out that people were just puting the wire to ground so they changed the head units to when u press the dvd button the unit it has to have no neg signal until the display comes on with should then its get a neg signal and dvd will play reason i know is because i have a clarion head unit myself

Thanks for all the advice guys!! I have decided to have it put in professionaly!! When I had the unit installed in my Patrolthe DVD screen used to play whether the hand break was on or not, but I had that installed by Autobarn!!

Latest posts

Back