2 inch suspension with weight?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockster

Reaction score
Hi

can anyone tell me,i got OME 2 inch susp lift 5 months ago and i got a bullbar i was told with any susp tough dog e.t.c. it will drop to 15mm is that right.

i was wanting to put ARB bash plates on but that will make it heavier will it drop it much.

my lift droped less then 10mm to 55mm lift in total in 6 months, and i have ARB bar, bash plates and 12000lb winch, plus i carry heaps of crap on the roof for work and it cops allot of off road use on the weekends.

All Suspension will drop over time. But if you have the right rated suspension it shouldn't drop till wear and tear. EG: Stock Nissan coils great with the nudge bar. But once you add a bull bar and winch like I have, really need something stronger. She has dropped 20mm when the bar was added and each day shes looking a little lower. Once I get the H/D coils she should pop back up to factory high.

thats excellent is yours a heavy duty

can i ask you a favour can you please measure me from the ground to the underneath of the bullbar to see what height is dropped in mm or inch or even measure from ground to the edge of the ARB bash plate just before it turn to go under the car just want to see what height i know odd favour but appreaciate it. want to test it as my susp is only around 5 months old.

I have a d40 st

thats excellent is yours a heavy duty

can i ask you a favour can you please measure me from the ground to the underneath of the bullbar to see what height is dropped in mm or inch or even measure from ground to the edge of the ARB bash plate just before it turn to go under the car just want to see what height i know odd favour but appreaciate it. want to test it as my susp is only around 5 months old.

I have a d40 st

Was this meant for me?

Nathand22, I'd say so.

Most of the guys on here have beefed up suspension And most of the common question on her is about Suspension. One thing I've found reading post is planing dose seem to key as many people end up carrying alot more the 1st thought. Old Tony has awesome set up works loaded and unloaded.

I know mine sat 730mm approx from bottom of rim to guard, Then after the bar it was 710mm approx. Its been about a 2 weeks now So Ill check tomorrow to see if she has dropped anymore.

Side affect of h/d suspension other then been a harsh ride when unloaded is to 2" lift can some times been more. On here somewhere is a guy that when in for 2" lift the heavy leafs in the back lifted the truck about 90mm.

Nathand22, I'd say so.

Most of the guys on here have beefed up suspension And most of the common question on her is about Suspension. One thing I've found reading post is planing dose seem to key as many people end up carrying alot more the 1st thought. Old Tony has awesome set up works loaded and unloaded.

I know mine sat 730mm approx from bottom of rim to guard, Then after the bar it was 710mm approx. Its been about a 2 weeks now So Ill check tomorrow to see if she has dropped anymore.

Side affect of h/d suspension other then been a harsh ride when unloaded is to 2" lift can some times been more. On here somewhere is a guy that when in for 2" lift the heavy leafs in the back lifted the truck about 90mm.

First we all need to measure from the centre of the rim as different rims sizes will obviously throw the comparison out.

what you have said there is why i like to deal with "THE ULTIMATE SUSPENSION" those guys are so thorough, they ask you all the right questions and they weigh the car at each corner and hand valve the re-buildable shocks to suit what you want.
Believe it or not both my D40's ride awesome unloaded or stacked to the brim, the flex is pretty good of road for a IFS and leaf sprung 4x4.
I dont mind paying them the $2100 to set my 4x4's up as i have never had a problem and have always been stoked with the ride and performance and it is always better then stock.

Any way my ute measurements are taken from the CENTRE of the rim to the guard and are,
FRONT = 555MM
REAR = 600MM

I will double check those measurements tomorrow, But they should be right.
i will try and get the ones from the bash plates and bar as well.

First we all need to measure from the centre of the rim as different rims sizes will obviously throw the comparison out.

what you have said there is why i like to deal with "THE ULTIMATE SUSPENSION" those guys are so thorough, they ask you all the right questions and they weigh the car at each corner and hand valve the re-buildable shocks to suit what you want.
Believe it or not both my D40's ride awesome unloaded or stacked to the brim, the flex is pretty good of road for a IFS and leaf sprung 4x4.
I dont mind paying them the $2100 to set my 4x4's up as i have never had a problem and have always been stoked with the ride and performance and it is always better then stock.

Any way my ute measurements are taken from the CENTRE of the rim to the guard and are,
FRONT = 555MM
REAR = 600MM

I only measure from the bottom of the rim as that's what Nissan told me to do. Agree tho same place is always a good start.

I only measure from the bottom of the rim as that's what Nissan told me to do. Agree tho same place is always a good start.

Thats ok when you are only comparing the one vehicle for observation reasons, but I have my 16" rims on at the moment so measuring from the bottom will obviously be different to 17"

I worked out a few days back I had access to this site at work one of the few we do. And its a great help almost makes coming to work bearable

to answer the OP's question, yes expect your coils to sag, OME suspension is mediocre at best these days and a google search will show you how bad their coils are for sagging.

thanks nathan and tiger and thanks for puttng a downer on it 180.

??

do a search mate, it will open your eyes to the crap product it is, even Ironman suspension which costs about 1/2 as much is better than OME these days, mind you it could be worse, at least you didn't get SAX suspension hey :S

coils are cheap to replace anyway, you can get a pair of King's (which is what you should have got) for about $180

thanks for the help guy's appreciate it, good when someone or people are there to help.

180. me and someone else has noticed that your attitude sucks mate, always got a bad thing to say about something, someone has got or anything, if you want look into your past posts and you will find out. pissed me off once on my warranty question while back you said, well you should know god it's common sense you ask a question to get the answer so you will know. i'm off leaving the site, evryone have a good time out in there trucks having fun be safe.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back