2" Ironman springs sagging or twisted chassis?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toadnode

Reaction score
Following the easter offroad trip I'm finding my Nav's slouching on the passenger side.

Thought it might be just a torsion bar not liking some of the big potholes which caught me by surprise. So I jacked her up front/centre till the wheels came off the ground and found the rear is still sitting off kilter. The springs look much flatter on the side in question but I can't see any obvious reason why. Could an almost new set of Ironman springs just carc it like that or is it possible the chassis is twisted from one of the big crunches? Like I said, I did hit some bad potholes but I thought the Nav would be plenty of tough to handle such impacts.
I'll add that I've also recently fitted some Mickey Thompson 265/75/16's Muds, not that it makes any difference right?

I would be VERY surprised if the chassis on the D22 were "twisted" and with out seeing the springs would be almost certain they are your problem and you would not be the first person to have IRONMAN springs sag.
As you say you can visibly see the difference between each side, and if they are so new you should be covered by warranty.

Use a straight edge to measure the curvature of the rear springs.
This will give you an idea if the spring is starting to fail.
They should it replace under warranty if it is but make sure that they replace both springs cause then it will be leaning the other way.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll go with the crook springs option. I didn't realise Ironman had these kind of issues, cheap chinese steel? Perhaps I should have gone a different product?

Bit of a pain though, couldnt be bothered pulling them out again plus the inconvenience of being off the road :-s

But...being relatively new (six months) maybe I only need to do one side?

You shouldn't have to do anything, just take it back to where it got installed, they should do it under warranty.
That is if they installed it and not you.
Should still be covered though.

My rear ironman have sagged too, mind you it was over 3 years but barly had any heavy loads. Now iv got the front sorted with ucas the rear has sagged right down. Time for tough dogs!

Latest posts

Back