2" lift + Spacer? Help please

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAV2795

Reaction score
Hey fellas,
I've found a lot of info about my topic, but just looking for a straight answer to my question. I got a 2" lift a few months ago, standard 2" springs in the rear and heavy duty springs up front. The car still nose dives and im not 100% Happy, so wanting some info on putting a strut spacer in up front. Currently up front the car is 43mm higher than standard, and the back is 72mm higher. What size strut spacer can I put in without having to changes UCA's, bushes etc? Thanks in advance

15mm spacer would be ok. A 15mm spacers gives you about an inch of extra lift. I run 2" lift with 15mm's up front and a 1" body lift. Front is as high as ****. That's with a steel bullbar too.

CV's are still sweet and still have factory UCA's. In saying that, i dont go hell offroad. Alot of touring and camping. We venture into state parks to shoot compound bows etc. Mine is probably overkill in lift lol. 3.5" rear and about 3 and a bit inch up front.

Last edited:
Thanks heaps Cobez, Your rig looks tuff as! I wont be doing too much 4x4ing so it should be alright, thanks again.

I have been trying to find a 15 mm spacer for the D40 for ages ... all I can find are the trim packer spacers for my Ironman suspension ... http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/polyurethane_products.html This type of spacer requires the strut assembly to be taken apart and refitted with the trim packer spacer in place.

I can't for the life of me find a 15 mm spacer in a similar vein to this one though ... http://www.roadrunneroffroad.com.au/COIL-STRUT-SPACER---35MM-NISSAN-NAVARA-D40-4X4.html

Would make life hella easier if I could :)

All good mate! Yeah mine is the Ironman one. Had it thrown in when i had the struts / coils assembled.

You can always buy a 25mm spacer and machine it down 10mm. Some blokes have done that.

15mm spacer would be ok. A 15mm spacers gives you about an inch of extra lift. I run 2" lift with 15mm's up front and a 1" body lift. Front is as high as ****. That's with a steel bullbar too.

CV's are still sweet and still have factory UCA's. In saying that, i dont go hell offroad. Alot of touring and camping. We venture into state parks to shoot compound bows etc. Mine is probably overkill in lift lol. 3.5" rear and about 3 and a bit inch up front.

Where did you get yours from Cobez?

Alright guys now im really confused, So went out side and jacked the car up to give it a sus. Its looks like my UCA's are hitting what I think are called the coil bucket? Could someone explain is this normal, whats the problem. Thanks in advance
car1.jpg

No expert in this department but from my research so far some people get away with it and others don't. Have been researching the same thing myself. If you have a Spanish built like mine seems like they don't have much adjustment in the ucas therefore adding spacers arnt a good idea without changing your ucas. I will be changing mine soon from the states as they seem pretty cheap now just over $500 somewhere delivered here then also be adding the 10mm spacer to eliminate nose dive. Only place I have found the 10mm spacer is on the superior engineering website only about $70 from memory.

Hope this helps

Mine are also just about touching few mm away, with only "2" suspension lift that's on the 2013 navara d40 Spanish built.

My alignment is also on borderline so wouldn't be adding spacer without new ucas, just my 2 cents from my experience so far.

Thanks guys, just concerned somethings wrong, surly it shouldn't bottom out with just a 2"? Should I do anything to stop it happening like bump stops? well there goes my dreams of spacers.

That piccy is pretty normal of d40s.take note of how much the wheel drops before the uca hits the bucket....its not much! Good thing is a new uca can be added later.....2.5inch is the max lift you will want to run without new UCAs

yeh its not much, wouldn't want it to be any less with the spacer. Might have to leave the spacer if its hitting already, bit of a spew!

Latest posts

Back