2000 QD32 driveline shudder on take off.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's not diff shudder is it?

Just had an idea, would it be the clutch packs in the diff shuddering due to being dirty and not having the oil changed? The same thing happened to my dad with his 01" ZD30 patrol wagon and he changed the oil and added some engine flush and do some donuts in both directions to get the LSD clutch packs working and rubbing together a lot and clean them, it worked as well so I think that's what my problem is since lately it has reduced the amount it has been doing it by quite a lot and I've also been doing a lot of off-road work and there's been places I've had the LSD locked and giving it a good workout around dirt corners and dirt turnaround points but haven't flushed or changed the oil as I've not had the money to get oil for it but will have soon so I'll give it a try ans see what happens!

Cheers everyone for your input!

How did you go? Mine has the same issue! 03' 260'000ks!
Replaced clutch kit machined fly wheel replaced spigot bush-still there but better, but clutch needed to be done anyway.
Changed diff oil twice no change- rang diff doctor and he suggested "centre bearing"!
I removed the tail shaft and the "centre bearing" does have a little play but nothing major, I will "keep you posted" after "she's" all back together.
I am going to pack all the uni's whilst the tail shaft is out - It look's like you have to separate the uni joint to get to the centre bearing anyway so I'll service the rest too..

I'd swear it's a diff shudder but "we" will see I guess! cheers Vic

How did you go? Mine has the same issue! 03' 260'000ks!

Replaced clutch kit machined fly wheel replaced spigot bush-still there but better, but clutch needed to be done anyway.

Changed diff oil twice no change- rang diff doctor and he suggested "centre bearing"!

I removed the tail shaft and the "centre bearing" does have a little play but nothing major, I will "keep you posted" after "she's" all back together.

I am going to pack all the uni's whilst the tail shaft is out - It look's like you have to separate the uni joint to get to the centre bearing anyway so I'll service the rest too..

I'd swear it's a diff shudder but "we" will see I guess! cheers Vic

Hey mate,
I haven't got any progress at the moment because I've got no money to buy any oil and the other shit to try and sort it out at the moment but I have to also try and get my axle deal or whatever it is done to because it's stuffed and I've only had my centre bearing replaced in the past 12 months so I don't think it's that I don't think, and I had the clutch done with the centre bearing but I'm not 100% sure if the flywheel was machined or not! It comes and goes but come to think of it I think it is just that the clutch packs are dirty cause I've been doing a lot of off-road work lately with the LSD getting a good flogging and it seems to have disappeared I think cause I don't think I've noticed it that much of at all lately!

Hope this sort of helps mate!
Cheers

nope mines still there and i'm betting on my luck it will be the diff. I will add some caster wedges and see if that helps, for $40 and an hour of my time it's cheaper than going the diff at the moment. At least it will improve the tail shaft angle and take some stress of the uni's.
next is looking into the front diff drop kit ? that's if I can get them for the d22..

Latest posts

Back