2006 D22 - No Service History??????

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sutts

Reaction score
So I'm looking at buying my first D22 - 2006 STR

has around 45,000km on the clock, no oil leaks, no undercarriage damage

But it has no service history at all.
The guy is the second owner and said when he bought it with 20k on the clock the previous owner didnt have it, but said take it of leave it.

Anyway he hasnt had it professionally serviced at al but claims to to do the oil and filters every 5000-8000 kms.

I asked which oil he used and he pretty much replied "the diesel shit"

All of this is setting off a few alarms, but its pretty strait and can get it for about $20k. I want to just buy it, but think i should send it to a diesel mechanic for a once over

1. Thoughts?
2. Anyone know of a good diesel mechanic around Woolongong?

Cheers!

So I'm looking at buying my first D22 - 2006 STR

has around 45,000km on the clock, no oil leaks, no undercarriage damage

But it has no service history at all.
The guy is the second owner and said when he bought it with 20k on the clock the previous owner didnt have it, but said take it of leave it.

Anyway he hasnt had it professionally serviced at al but claims to to do the oil and filters every 5000-8000 kms.

I asked which oil he used and he pretty much replied "the diesel shit"

All of this is setting off a few alarms, but its pretty strait and can get it for about $20k. I want to just buy it, but think i should send it to a diesel mechanic for a once over

1. Thoughts?
2. Anyone know of a good diesel mechanic around Woolongong?

Cheers!

Could be best to trust your gut, I know it would be hard to miss a genuine low mileage car. But it would piss you off to buy a lemon. It was probably 245,000 before he paid a mate to plug n play with a laptop. If the bloke calls the oil that diesel shit maybe what he really meant was the cheapest nastiest poor excuse for oil he could buy or he never changed it till the day before he advertised it

Seriously I know jack about a lot of stuff but I know at least the brand of oil etc and I've only changed it once.

If you're really set on it then get a mechanic to give it a once over if the guy says no or gives you anymore bad vibes walk away. I'd rather miss a potential good buy than fork out hard earned cash and regret it because it's a dud.

When I first started reading I thought you might be getting it really cheap or something but 20 grand there's a stack of good navs out there for that kind of money. Me personally I would prefer to buy a Nav with 120.00 on it that's been serviced than one with 60,000 and have no idea, jmi , which ever way it goes I hope you get a good truck

Cheers for the replies.

I have been looking for that long that I just wanted to jump on it, but you are all right and pretty much just confirms what I have had running through the back of my head

Plenty of others out there that have a decent service history, just got a chub at the low kms and general condition of it, (that is if it hasnt been wound back)

Thanks a heap

No idea what one of that age is worth but at 45K I wouldn't be worried about a service history, especially not on a diesel. I'd get a trusted mechanic to look it over and it all looked good from their perspective I'd offer market price less 10% for the lack of a service book, but seriously if a diesel engine can't go 45K from new without servicing Nissan ought to be ashamed of themselves.

A decent mechanic will also be able to give you his thoughts on whether the k's are genuine or if the speedo has been tampered with and if they have then the prick selling it ought to be reported.

a car with low kms LOOKS like a car with low kms....i bought my narvy with 110 thou on the clock and no service books,and everything is sweet...
get someone to check it for you.

ask him who drove it and where to,then do some maths and you should get an average yearly total travelled..
if it stacks up to what he claims is on the clock then it should be right,if not, hes talking shit..

Last edited:
Yeah I have booked it in for someone to take a look at it, but he can't drop it off until Monday - so the waiting game it is

Will keep looking over the weekend and see how it goes.

Got another D22 to look at, an 05 TD Rodeo and possibly a 4.2L GU

Busy weekend ahead

oh god don't buy the rodeo, my brother has one and the navara is way better built and drive, i've also done a bit of work on it for him so i've had a good look too. That said you can get the rodeo cheaper if money is a big factor. but its really not in the same class as the navara in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back