2007 spain D40 auto gearbox issue

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatchy

Reaction score
Guys I need some help. 2007 YD25 D40 dual cab is doing me in.

Cliffs:

240ks

Gearbox acting like its in 3rd

NO CODES! Thats with consult 3 and manual procedure

Reverse is ok

Cleaned earth's and electrical plugs

Tried to reprogram TCM/PCM no go

Live data all looks ok apart from being in drive it shows 4th but it comes down when shifting manually down (but wont shift down in the gearbox)

Removed gearbox and sent to Technical transmissions in Perth, they rebuilt all worn components but couldn't see anything major.

Refit to vehicle flushed trans cooler plus lines filled with oil tested still the same.

Checked codes still nothing!

other work we have done is put 25l of oil and flushed through the motor, replaced exhaust manifold, injector clean, air filter plus sealed air box, rear unijoints.

Shoot your thoughts up in here see what we can find. The trans joint have asked for the whole car but its 600+km round trip.

It sounds like something might be stuck in a control valve. I don't think a faulty one-way clutch will stop if from shifting at all.

It's a pity you can't read things like the pump's oil pressure, although (seriously) they'd have to have checked that, surely?

Have you got another valve body to try in it? It's the same unit 2006-2010.

At that age, I'd wonder if any coolant had ever gotten in. That could cause complications. Won't happen in mine, I've had my tranny cooler removed to out in front of the aircon condenser (and it's 5 times the size of the original).

I'd love to lend you mine so you can pull harnesses off and switch them over, because the problem could also be electrical since most problems that keep people guessing this hard all seem to be something in the wiring!

Good luck with this round!

the trans joint is paying for re-pulling, this car has had a hard life tho. farmers car is enough said. we thought electrical as well but cant fault it. the only thing found wrong in the trans was valve body slightly worn, but that's to be expected with the ks it had done on the original oil.

Nope ALL earths are done inside and out. As I said this is getting out of hand. All we have is an od light on no codes and stuck in 3rd I think

I'm lost then. If it was my gearbox I'd be grabbing a new valve body from Wholesale Automatics in Vic (along with their low stall speed TC). If there's nothing stuck in the mechanisms inside preventing it from changing gears, the only thing it could be is the valve body (given everything else that's been done to it already).

Latest posts

Back