2009 d22 Rev Bouncing 2500-3000 rpm

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doxylamine

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Appreciate any input you can offer but please understand that I'm a mechanical newbie- anything you explain should be written like you're explaining it to a child- appreciate it thanks.

I have purchased a 2nd hand 2009 d22 with 180.000km with the YD25T in it and I have noticed that at about 2500-3000 rpm in 4th gear without much load at all (cruising at 60km/h for example), it seems to sort of bounce on the rpm. From what little knowledge I do have, believe it to not be the timing chain because it does not idle rough or sputter, nor is there any audible chain slap when the engine is started.

The problem goes away almost immediately if I apply more accelerator

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on what I could have a look at (vac tubes, little things like that) for possible causes. Gotta learn somehow!

Cheers

Neutrial Position switch (widely known as NPS) causes that in third and forth gear, to verify it while in forth gear and when you experience the bouncing push the gear lever hard to the left or to the right, cant remember which side, if that cures it its the switch ontop of the gearbox, costs like 50 dollars i think.

yes if the NPS is the problem, i reccomend replacing it since it cheap anyway. if its not NPS i would start from the simple like fuel and air filter and try to get the codes with a scan tool.

I have tried pushing the stick to the left and right quite hard with no noticeable difference- Should I unplug the NPS then try again or is this a sure sign that the NPS is not the issue?

Not sure if this helps, but mine was doing this in most gears but not all time. It ended up being a faulty suction control valve.

Back