2010 Nav TPS wire color for Steinbauer chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmac

Reaction score
I'm currently using the middle red wire at the bottom of my plug that's plugged into my accelerator (tps, throttle position sensor). The plug has 6 wires, 3 up top and 3 on bottom. I used a multimeter and did get a reading of .4v with throttle at idle and 4.0v when throttle is completely pressed down. My issue is that I have a cruise control plugged in too and this wire I'm using is also piggy backed in to the cruise unit. I'm just not seeing any improvement with thus Steinbauer chip, I don't have an exhaust but I thought I would see some kind if improvement. What wire is everyone else using?
Cheers.

image-3691489291.jpg

This one. Check the grey wire on the chip unit itself. From memory if its cut the chip is inactive.

Open the unit up and check the led inside it is lighting up right. I will let u know what colour its suppose to be once i get home later tonight

and if your using this type of connector with thinner wires sometimes the wire doesnt make contact with the joiner bit. if you know what i mean

Last edited:
View attachment 21744

This one. Check the grey wire on the chip unit itself. From memory if its cut the chip is inactive.
I don't have have that plug, all I've and had was a white wire that I have ran through the firewall to the accelerator pedal. The grey wire is still in the engine bay taped up from halls way.
my plug has 6 wires that's plugged into the accelerator pedal. I've checked the voltage on my original red wire I soldered to and it's current Max volts is 3 now, unsure how I got 4 previously, anyways emailed Steinbauer and was told to find an other wire. I have now soldered in the pink wire from the exact same loom and it reads .4v - 4.8v.
J

Last edited:
Open the unit up and check the led inside it is lighting up right. I will let u know what colour its suppose to be once i get home later tonight

Yeah I'm getting the led light flashing intermittently and increases when you push down the accelerator. I've soldered the white wire to my tps wire and have tucked the grey wire (switch wire) away.

Is the pink wire what everyone else uses, it's the top middle wire.? I'm still not seeing stuff all improvements.

The bigger plug on the right with the 6 wires is what I'm dealing with. Top middle wire, pink one is what I'm using at the moment.

Attachments

• IMAG1442.jpg
    IMAG1442.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 70

Latest posts

Back