2011 D40 Double Din Microphone???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TONY'S D40 st

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a brand new 2011 Nissan Navara D40 and I've been thinking about putting an aftermarket Double Din stereo unit with GPS, Bluetooth, Video playback, Reversing Camera and all the rest of the good stuff! The only thing that worries me is that I think I will lose the factory microphone that is mounted in the roof of the navara near the interior lights. The best thing about the Bluetooth feature with the standard factory stereo unit is the microphone being so close to your mouth so the other person on the phone can hear you clearly. My boss at work has put an aftermarket double din unit in his navara d22 and I can never hear him properly on the mobile phone unless he yells because of not having a microphone mounted closer to your mouth as the D40's have. Does anybody know if there is something you can modify with the aftermarket Double Din units so that you can connect the factory microphones in the D40's to the unit?? I really don't want to lose the factory mounted microphone :(

Hi there,

I have an after market head unit in my d40 and use the after market bluetooth mic etc, I use it for work alot and have had no issue. Most units have a setting so you can adjust the mic level so suit. I have mic mounted on the A pillar. Hope that helps

cheers Justin

Thanks for the reply silver, but how we're you able to connect up the mic on your A pillar to the stereo? Does your aftermarket stereo unit have a place where you can plug the mic into?? Cause alot of the aftermarket double din units on eBay that I'm looking at don't have any microphone jack input at all. They just have a built in mic. If you don't mind me asking what is the brand and model number of the aftermarket unit you have?? Cheers

I have a Kenwood KDC-X8016BT, it has an external mic inclded which plugs into the back of the unit itself then I was able to run up the A pillar and the mic sits at the top (nice and neat), I installed the unit my self, using a loom that I purchased off Autobahn which plugs straight into the factory loom. doing it that way made it so much easier that cutting wires and soldering. The only thing is that my head unit is only single din but i'm sure Kenwood, along with other brands will have double din units that have esternal mics. Try JB HI FI i find you can bargin with them the best and get a good price.

cheers Justin

I had a Alpine INA-900E installed on Saturday and it has the microphone on the A pillar to. I didn't spot it straight away but i wanted the factory bluetooth used. Im going to see him tomorrow and see if he can/why didn't he use the factory gear. Maybe it was a compatibility thing.
Make sure what ever you get that you can still use all of your steering wheel controls.

No worries mate, if you want to use the steering controls that is easy too, you just need to buy the adapter to plug into your new head unit then to your steering wheel controls.

cheers Justin

I got a polaris one in my '11 STX, absolute piece of chinese junk, way worse than the standard nissan unit, been to polaris a few times only to be told by the installer that "its just chinese shit, not going to get any better" thats a direct quote.
Can't help any more than to advise you stay away from polaris

justdrinkbeer said:
I got a polaris one in my '11 STX, absolute piece of chinese junk, way worse than the standard nissan unit, been to polaris a few times only to be told by the installer that "its just chinese shit, not going to get any better" thats a direct quote.
Can't help any more than to advise you stay away from polaris

I'll take it off ya hands ;)

Thanks Silver (Justin), I really don't want to lose the steering wheels controls either. I'm really interested to know about this adaptor for the steering wheel controls. Can you tell me kindly please where do you get these adaptors from?? Cheers buddy

And Wade193 can you please post a picture of how your Alpine unit looks like please. Is it a nice tight fit or does it have heaps of room around the fascia where you can see gaps everywhere? To be honest I want something that kind of looks a little standard like its meant for the car :( Cheers

Thanks Silver (Justin), I really don't want to lose the steering wheels controls either. I'm really interested to know about this adaptor for the steering wheel controls. Can you tell me kindly please where do you get these adaptors from?? Cheers buddy

I put a kenwood double din in my 2011 ST and i used the pac-audio SWI-JACK to use steering wheel controls

http://www.navara.asia/d40-electrical/10511-stereo-wiring-diagram.html
Has all the info u need to connect the unit up to ur stereo and wiring harness.
Havnt worked out the standard Bluetooth on it yet. Still yet to find time to pull it all apart yet.

Hope this helps
Justin

hey Tony you can get them from any car audio place, like Northfield, JB HI FI, etc not sure if you have the same car audio places down in Melbourne.

cheers

Latest posts

Back