2011 ST-X D40 engine clatter noise

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

comms1

Reaction score
Hi I've got a new 2011 ST-X 2wd thats now a month old and I was wondering how other owners have found the engine noise, particularly on startup when its cold.

The dealers demonstrator vehicle already had 14,000kms on it and its engine was very quiet and its performance was great. When I took delivery of my new one I immeadiatly noticed the engine was far more "clattery" and when cold at low revs it sounds like a bloody tractor. Once its warmed up the clatter and rattle dies down but its still a lot noisier than the demonstrator I drove. It also doesnt have quite the same accelaration speed.

I asked the dealer about the difference in the two vehicles and was told that these common rail engines need at leat 5000km to bed in and from then on they will quiet down and the performance will also improve a bit. He recommneded driving it hard under torque until then.

Does this sound correct to you guys ?? I have my doubts....

The salesman did say that they have had issues with some injectors and if the startup clatter doesnt improve then to bring it back after 5000km to get these checked out.

It also had terrible vibration noise across the entire dashboard when accelerating from low revs under torque, over 6 days they ended up pulling out the entire dashboard and replacing pipes to resolve this, apparently its a fairly common fault. Theres now an annoying intermittent rattle noise in behind the centre console area.

Your feedback would be great, many thanks!

Latest posts

Back