2012 D22 Immobiliser

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafroew

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've done a search of the forums, and google, but haven't been able to come up with anything definitive.

I've got a 2012 D22 (remote central fitted), and have recently moved to WA - where its a requirement for all registered (or licensed as they call it) vehicles to have an immombiliser fitted....

... d22's as far as I can see don't have one.

I have read some forum posts (not necessarily this one) about users having issues with their "NATS - Nissan Anti Theft System", with their fancy keys etc.

I spoke to one Nissan dealer (giving them my VIN) they stated that it doesn't have an immobiliser (I also have plain metal keys, no electrickery in 'em, with a separate remote fob).

Is it possible to get a genuine NATS system fitted to a 2012 D22, if they exist? Does anybody know the part number? Will it suffice the WA government?

Any info would be great.

Thanks
Matt

It is possible to retrofit NATS, but will cost close to the purchase price of the vehicle. Best bet get a decent afternarket immobiliser system professionally installed

I too have a D22 2010, purchased in WA brand new from Nissan.
Also have the plain metal key. Surely it would be illegal for Nissan to sell them like this when the government has mandated immobilisers for all vehicle transfers for years now ?

Seventies47, thanks for your reply.

Next question, does anybody have any recommendations?

Have you had the car registered in your name for more than 12 months? If you have, you don't need an inspection to transfer it, there is a box you tick to say an immobilizer is fitted and operational.

If you want to do it the right way you can either buy an immobiliser and fit it yourself or go to an auto electrician and get them to fit one. You won't be able to have it interfaced with your current remote tho, but you can hook it up to the central locking so it is still remote locking...

I'm not sure how Nissan gets away with not factory fitting immobilisers to them, but they only have 1 door light switch and no child anchor points so it doesn't really surprise me...

I bought mine new, no immobiliser fitted from factory. From what i was told only passenger vehicles need an immobiliser fitted and they are not classed as a passenger vehicles in WA. Thats why its not factory fitted.
Dont no if this helps with transferring the rego to WA.

I bought mine new, no immobiliser fitted from factory. From what i was told only passenger vehicles need an immobiliser fitted and they are not classed as a passenger vehicles in WA. Thats why its not factory fitted.
Dont no if this helps with transferring the rego to WA.

Dunno how they work that out...

This is quoted from http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/legislation/statutes.nsf/main_mrtitle_2019_homepage.html

from adrs said:
Except as stated in subrule (4), this rule applies to a car, an omnibus or a goods vehicle.
This rule does not apply to a motor vehicle — (a) with an unloaded mass of 3 t or more; (b) (c) (d) with a GVM of more than 4.5 t; built 25 years or more before the time the application for the grant or transfer of the licence for the vehicle is made
On page 108 it has a section for wa vehicles

Latest posts

Back