2012 Japan Built ST-R

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right guys mine is actually built December 11 and Complied 12 but Nissan are advertising them as a 2012 Model.
In regards to the discontinuing of the 3.0L i believe the reason is because it was a direct injection and the laws on CO2 emission in australia changed therefore had to move to Common Rail.
As the patrol went from Direct Injection to Common rail in 07/08.
One other small thing they have introduced in the new Japan Built ones are a different CD head unit with USB now which is handy.

Your right guys mine is actually built December 11 and Complied 12 but Nissan are advertising them as a 2012 Model.
In regards to the discontinuing of the 3.0L i believe the reason is because it was a direct injection and the laws on CO2 emission in australia changed therefore had to move to Common Rail.
One other small thing they have introduced in the new Japan Built ones are a different CD head unit with USB now which is handy.

Probably the same as the Micra, Tiida headunits.

Oh and those emission laws aren't so bad, they finally killed the TD42. So long you old boat anchor.

Dude, did you say you work for Nissan ?

Had USB for a while, mine is 2010 build and it has it.

^ what he said...

i like the usb idea, but prefer my 1 Din space player as it gives a spare Din space for my twoways.....

I wish mine was a single DIN, but still with USB, for that exact reason. I know i can go aftermarket etc. but really not worth the coin, specially when there are so many better things to spend it on.

I wish mine was a single DIN, but still with USB, for that exact reason. I know i can go aftermarket etc. but really not worth the coin, specially when there are so many better things to spend it on.

true, but extra space is non exsistant so i (me)would change it out as you can get great cd/radios for under 200 these days.

Very true, however i have mounted my CB's down on either side at the bottom of the middle of the dash, side of transmission tunnel, but used dash screws to not need to drill. Just a pain in the ass not being able to see the screens clearly.

Hi Guys, i bought a JVC single DIN unit about a month ago from JB HIFI. It has USB and front aux and inbuilt bluetooth for my phone for around $150, and its a beaut. Stereo unit on top and UHF just under. All fits in standard dash area. Will picture later on.

Exactly the same as Thai builds just black bars and one battery.
Pop into Nissan and take one fir a roady ;)

el cheapo Nissan also removed the under bonnet insulation according to the pre release sales specs?

so they have removed the 2nd battery , removed the underbody insulation and removed the polished ally roll bar and replaced it with a painted black and called it "SPECIAL EDITION"...ya gotta be

they give you less but its still not any cheaper, prob want to jack up the price while their at it

isnt "limited edition" just a means to charge you more and give you less?

to be honest i wouldnt mind if they completely overhauled the front suspension and at least put some coil overs in there instead of torsion bars....would make custom jobs so much easier and i rekon coil overs are way more comfortable to drive on......but then again it is nissan and that would require spending money on development

seems a bit crazy though to make the patrol ZD30 a CR and move a sub par engine into the navs, mines a 2.5 and its not to bad but I'd love the 3.0L CR from the patrol.

I guess its probably for several reasons

-not to kill off D40 sales
-no doubt would have to be cheaper for them to replace it

I guess we will never know.

Latest posts

Back